Who's shed is it?

• 40 Replies

Salmo

Re: Who's shed is it?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 00:28 »
Whichever way your Mr Potter sorts things out there is no point in getting all up-tight. Life is too short for that.

If it turns out to be yours that is good.

If it turns out that the previous tenant has rights to it then my advice is to make him an offer. It is worth more to you than anyone else as you do not have to dismantle and re-erect it.

Do not delay your offer. You will be miffed if someone else gets there first.

TheSpartacat

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 01:58 »
My sense off humour. I wouldn't hit him over the head with a crow bar.  :D :D I'd have shot him  :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: ::)

Only joking honest. :blink: :blink: :blink:

But after seeing comments referring to my post I think my sense of humour is out of place, life's to short to be serious all the time I think it might be best if I go to another Forum. Will pop back to read topics take care and enjoy your gardening.

Take care you lot.

Bill, I for one am very sorry you've been made to feel that way and would be sorry to see you go. I laughed at your crowbar joke! (i laughed again at the second one too, but hey, i laugh a lot! Reminds me of my own dark humour coming out when my raised carrot bed looked suspiciously like an unmarked grave mound! It caused quite a stir!! And raised a few laughs. :) :) :) If anyone thought i'd really buried someone on the plot, then that would be their 'grave' misjudgement! (lol, couldnt help it)

I think there are perhaps sometimes communication issues on this site- some people here might not use forums very often and might be unused to jokey banter and end up taking things very very literally..  as hard as we might find to understand how. And yes, it makes things horrible tense.
Its tricky when you can't hear the tone of voice i guess??? ??? i dunno?

Besides, cold blooded murders don't usually announce their intentions to the world in an open forum... LOL
Dont go Bill.... :(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 02:03 by TheSpartacat »

penninehillbilly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 02:04 »
Have pity on the poor guy, imagine if a family member had a stroke (sorry if thats a bit close for anyone), it must be an awful situation for him as well, (financially AND giving up the gardening he probably loved) it may even be another family member who has left these notes, presumably there is a contact number / address, why not try talking and explain what you were told? hope you get things sorted to your advantage
Welcome to the site by the way, glad you are enjoying it

carol2711

who' shed is it ....solved
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 06:53 »
Hi' many thanks to everyone who shared their advice and wisdom with me, regarding the shed on my allotment.Yesterday I went over to my plot and discovered 'my' raised beds had moved to an adjoining plot, and a new 'for sale' sign was back up on the shed. >:(
I was not a happy bunny!. Anyway I rang the 'shed sellers' and it transpired that officially that had not given up the allotment! The rent runs until April, and they said they were not aware that anyone else had taken it on!!! So much for my hard work clearing it and recently digging it??? She said she thought the frost had cleared it IF ONLY!!!!
Anyway the upshot was that she phoned me back later and said they felt sorry that I'd be misled by Mr Potter and they would like it give me the shed! :D How kind was that?
So the day ended better then it had started.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 07:00 »
I've merged your two threads, Carol, to keep it all together.

Some sort of result anyway, shame about you hardwork and raised beds being moved. I wonder what they intend doing on the plot between now and April, apart from harvest what's there?

Would hurt for them to let you get on with it on the empty bits.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

carol2711

Re: Who's shed is it? Result
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 07:10 »
 :) They are letting me continue working the allotment, they were just clearing out their stuff so it could be re let in April. So I'll 'get stuck in now. Sorry if I wasn't clear, it's early!

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 07:18 »
Gets better!

Ma and Pa Snip

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 08:00 »
Looks like it's resolved for Carol and all has turned out well, that's good.

This thread is about Carols shed problem so I dont want to turn it into a thread about Bill .... BUT

Hopefully Bill will stay. His message may have seemed extreme to some, we don't all have the same sense of humour, but I took it as humour from the outset. It wasn't only his post that I was actually referring to when I agreed with Sharonx that some posts were extreme.
The ones I found just as extreme were some of the ones giving advice about  rights and what Carol should or should not do when we did not know the facts in this particular situation, these only became clearer as the thread developed.

My sense of humour is perverse as well, that is evident by some of my posts already, and is not to everyones taste  so Bill, weather the storm.

There is nothing to be gained by Bill departing.

Good luck  Carol,  Hopefully the plot will be a happy productive place for you from now on.

Don't forget to keep updating us.
Unless otherwise stated it can be assumed ALL posts are by Pa Snip

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 09:12 »
No departure  :lol: Just no more posts I will just be reading. Glad Carol got it sorted and I like many humour aside, I gave advice even with the niggling feeling that not all the facts had been presented, based on that so there is a lesson to be learnt by everyone I think. Anyway enjoy the gardening I'm of to decorate my pregnant daughters new flat before the baby arrives in around 4 weeks.

Take care you lot look forwards to the continued advice I'm sure I will gather lots of useful ideas.

Cheers Bill
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

justviolet

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 09:41 »
Reading through this Mr. Potter the landlord or whatever doesn't come out very well in this. I'd be q bit cross with his poor communication, plus a bit wary.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 10:28 »
Sorry you feel that way Bill and I hope that you keep posting.

but this is a family centred forum and we have a lot of very young people reading these posts.

It's not a good thing even to joke about such violent retaliation because children sometimes don't understand the difference between a joke and good advice. So it's nothing personal to you Bill - just protecting the youngsters from thinking they can retaliate to others with violence.

As Carol's original post is finished I will lock this one.  Please start a new topic to update us on the situation Carol :)

xx
shed

Started by razzmick on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post June 30, 2011, 22:39
by Chrysalis
xx
Got a shed!

Started by Lynne on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 12, 2007, 13:14
by muntjac
xx
Shed

Started by Novice on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post September 14, 2007, 11:10
by gregmcalister
xx
New Shed....what do you think

Started by Chappers on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post February 01, 2009, 09:16
by mikem

Page created in 0.44 seconds with 34 queries.