Time

• 17 Replies

JimG

Time
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 06:48 »
I've had times when I've felt like giving up and spent very little time at my allotment. That was down to a lot of things - and not much to do with the hard work involved - but I've taken two weeks off (ending tomorrow  :( ) to get on top of things now to give me more time to do other things later in the year.  

There's still a lot to do but I have managed to get quite a bit done, even being praised by some of the rather more experienced allotmenteers for my progress.  Mind you, that has also come with some raised eyebrows at planting out my runner beans so early!

Yes, the way weeds grow back always amazes me but the recent warm weather has brought things on - not just weeds - and, call me simple, but I do think there is the simple joy of watching things you've grown develop.  No matter how busy we become, we all have to find time to take a break away from whatever it is we do day-to-day.  A friend calls it 'selfish time' (he's a former counsellor) and there's a lot to be said for it but I'm trying not to make my OH an allotment widow!

MarkG

Time
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 09:36 »
I probably do about 3 or 4 hours a week. Mainly in the evenings after work, and mainly weeding. Put a lot of work in between Jan and April getting everything ready, so at the moment I'm just planting out and weeding.

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
Time
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 11:00 »
I like to spend one full day on the allotment at the weekend with my other half and we get a lot done in this time - it's going to be Sunday this week. There was a lot of hard work done beforehand and we're now in a position to keep on top of everything - mainly weed growth (horsetail). I work in Glasgow and it's only a few minutes from our plot so I can pop down for an hour or so either at lunchtime or after work to do a little bit as well.  I think that once your plot is cleared then one good day a week should keep things in order. I do use weedproof fabric to cover bare areas and stop weed growth and to make life easier.

xx
Lottie Time Vs Work Time

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 10, 2007, 07:49
by crowndale
xx
is it time?

Started by celtbhoy on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post June 27, 2008, 13:30
by Jen
xx
Looks like my time is up

Started by chris mutter on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post November 10, 2020, 11:12
by Grubbypaws
xx
How Much Time?

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post February 01, 2008, 22:40
by gobs

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 34 queries.