Phasing out coal and wood next year...

• 17 Replies

rowlandwells

Re: Phasing out coal and wood next year...
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 16:09 »
still talking about burning wood we have been cutting up seasoned wood for several days now I had to make another sentry box to store the wood nice and dry so I cut all the smaller logs with my small stihl battery saw no probs  then  I needed to tackle the larger pieces with my Husqvarna 236 chainsaw that I had just collected  from our local Husqvarna dealer after yet another repair then after cutting two logs it stopped working now considering its costed me £135 quid and still don't work I'm not a happy bunny :mad:

it rather knocks the shine of cutting your own wood but I like cutting and burning my own wood the wood I've got is as good if not better than all your dry kiln stuff and all the wood ash goes back on the allotments nothings waisted so much for your recycling 100% recycling  ;)

jezza

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 20:23 »
Hello I have just been chatting to a mate whose a coal man he said that prepack coal  singles doubles and trebles is being banned not Roomheat,Phurnacite or any other smokeless types  don't know if steam engine coal comes under the ban.  jezza

Growster...

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 05:58 »
Coals2U (the old Corralls), have told me that 'Wildfire' will be phased out next year to comply with the new regs.

I understood that it was manufactured to use up the normal wastage on any coal site, reform it into cobbles, and use it as normal. I can't see what's wrong with that!

Some years ago, I was involved with a company in South Wales, where they were considering re-visiting the numerous slag heaps near the coal mines, taking out the material, and producing a flammable product from it. They never really proceeded, and of course, most of the ugly heaps have been moved or covered now, but the resource was there to be used, even if marginally viable.

I seriously hope that this 'super-green' empathy, connected with a lot of questionable publicity and hyperbole, will not continue to increase the costs taxpayers put up with at present.

xx
Coal in the USA

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 04, 2020, 20:21
by Growster...
xx
a coal mine

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 13, 2022, 09:58
by Hampshire Hog
xx
Coal shed now full - again...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post November 14, 2021, 13:59
by Aunt Sally
xx
Quandry over fake coal/ log-effect fires.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post January 04, 2024, 09:51
by hamstergbert

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 38 queries.