Small, spindly coriander and parsley

• 26 Replies

seaside

Re: Small, spindly coriander and parsley
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 20:35 »
I disagree Hubb.
It sounds to me your plants get no more than 4 or 5 hours direct sunlight. That is not enough for almost any food plant in this country, especially the likes of a healthy leafy coriander. Partial shade does not mean hidden by buildings for 3/4 of daylight hours.
I don't think you're listening to so many caring thoughts of other posters. That's a shame. It's your plants, your food, your effort.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 20:42 by seaside »

hubballi

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 20:53 »
I disagree Hubb.
It sounds to me your plants get no more than 4 or 5 hours direct sunlight. That is not enough for almost any food plant in this country, especially the likes of a healthy leafy coriander. Partial shade does not mean hidden by buildings for 3/4 of daylight hours.
I don't think you're listening to so many caring thoughts of other posters. That's a shame. It's your plants, your food, your effort.

You seem to have a very good idea of how sunlight works in my garden having never visited. How come I have all kinds of plants that seem to thrive here if its too dark?  You are a bit too pessimistic and others are not being kind to patronise, they are making helpful suggestions other than trying to discourage. To say a parsley plant that doesn't need too much sunlight is not doing well because the garden doesn't get much sunlight is contradictory. :nowink:

Beetroot queen

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 21:05 »
Hubb you ask for help, people will have different opinions, usually we get 12 posts with 12 different ways to do something. What you must do is consider all the comments and work out what to do next. No-one knows for sure as we havent seen you location, but people are trying to help which is what you asked for.  :)

seaside

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 21:09 »
I recognise your logic and emotion. Suffice to say it's not mine and I don't wish to continue it further. Good luck. I won't be adding my opinion to your ongoing woes again.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 21:23 »
You seem to have a very good idea of how sunlight works in my garden having never visited.

If you took some photos for us, at say 3 hour spaces, then perhaps we might know a bit more about the light conditions in your walled garden, Hubballi.

Sparkyrog

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 21:25 »
You could tell me I am wrong here folks ! but a lot of herbs are alpine derivatives and prefer poorer soils ! So maybe Hubbs soil is togood for what he/she wants to achieve ?
I cook therefore I grow

hubballi

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 21:41 »
I recognise your logic and emotion. Suffice to say it's not mine and I don't wish to continue it further. Good luck. I won't be adding my opinion to your ongoing woes again.

Why because I disagreed with you ? Good grief.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 21:43 »

Why because I disagreed with you ? Good grief.

Everyone is here to help hubbs do remember that but no one wants to be arguing all the time.

hubballi

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 11:09 »
With limited sunlight in my garden (which I think to be fair every spot in everyone's garden gets) why have I managed this ? The sun does move for everyone  ;)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 11:45 »
Hubbs no one is saying your failing at everything, people are trying to offer advice on problems you have asked about. You then get defensive and say not possible and wont listen.

Maybe ask yourself this before you post, do you actually want someone elses opinion or not.
Its not really a competition we are all trying to achieve the same end result, good food, healthy exercise, saving a few pennies on our food bills and to achieve something in the harvest.

You do have some issues growing, maybe just maybe more than others, or maybe you just post more abouit the problems than others.

My garden is rubbish for growing in the soil goes between a bog and a dust bowl, we have huge amounts of builders rubble just below the surface and nothing growing well. Havng said that we stuck in a load of fruit trees and bushes and some years they are good some not. We have issues with sawfly at home and aphids but every plum that comes off the fruit tree is a bonus i my eyes. I concerntrate more on the plot than at home, my garden doesnt even grow weeds well.

Everyone is trying to help, people cant see your garden in totality, they dont know how the sun casts shade or not. We all depend on you providing a bigger picture so people can see what is goingon and try to help further.

Maybe a few posts about the things that grow well for you.  :)

hubballi

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 11:56 »
I thought about doing a video with an ipad to give an idea but would be too much to upload.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 14:24 »
The strawberries and gooseberries look great, Hubbballi :D

BQ is quite right in what she says, so listen and take note of her.

And some more pictures would be great.  If you can upload a short (2-3) minute video to Youtube or photobucket we'd all love to see it. 

xx
Late sowings of coriander / parsley

Started by Allotment_Life on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 23, 2021, 19:10
by Blewit
xx
spindly toms

Started by Plottered on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 04, 2010, 15:17
by Plottered
xx
spindly seedlings?

Started by vineweevil1 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 20, 2009, 13:59
by Aunt Sally
xx
spindly seedlings

Started by sion01 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 09, 2010, 16:03
by Livinhope

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 35 queries.