Is it possible that BQ

• 12 Replies

Beetroot queen

Is it possible that BQ
« on: June 26, 2013, 20:59 »
May have over done the beetroot.  :lol:

In my 8 foot by 3 foot bed i must have 150 beets swelling nicely hehe its well crowded.

Chutney here we come

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Is it possible that BQ
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 21:16 »
Once you harvest a few little ones, the others will get room to grow a bit bigger!  I grew our carrots last year in a small 8ft x 3ft bed, and they lasted ages!

Beetroot queen

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 21:18 »
I just pick as i need thinning as i go.

I am very impressed with them, bit worries i uncovered them now. Mr badger recently tap danced all over them but they did recover  :blink:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 21:28 »
We don't get badgers up here.  Well the occasional dead one in the road, but never seen one in the garden.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 21:32 »
We don't get badgers up here.  Well the occasional dead one in the road, but never seen one in the garden.

They are a bit too close for comfort on our plots, we have moved boundary once to let him have his hole, but he surrounds the back two sides and the house behind the plots is having to have scaffolding as the retaining wall for the garden collapsed leaving a hefty drop they are concerned its due to the sets running under the houses.  :wacko: who knows but i hope the house doesnt go as it will squash my spuds.  :blink:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 21:36 »
Ooooh nasty, and I thought the mole tunnels making the grass and veg garden soft and spongy was bad enough, but it won't bring the house down!  :(

Beetroot queen

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 21:39 »
Ooooh nasty, and I thought the mole tunnels making the grass and veg garden soft and spongy was bad enough, but it won't bring the house down!  :(

We have between five and seven so they say. The site is riddled with huge holes, the council keep blocking pathways but its doing nothing.

Sparkyrog

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 21:41 »
Only good badger is a dead one !
I cook therefore I grow

Beetroot queen

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 21:53 »
Only good badger is a dead one !

I say that but not out loud  :lol:People will take the bate and then we will have a full on debate  :wacko: at least its not an anti cat post i suppose  ::)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 08:40 »
BQ is right, let's not have yet another post soiled by talking about killing animals.  There are people on here who like badgers! (and cats!)

Beetroot queen

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 08:53 »
BQ is right, let's not have yet another post soiled by talking about killing animals.  There are people on here who like badgers! (and cats!)

Yep back to beetroot  :lol: on a good note CQ told me that someone has written a whole book dedicated to beetroot. Now that is something worth writing  :lol:

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 09:00 »
I know I have over done it  :lol: eating them that is, noticed the odd thing is now purple  :blink: Cant resist the first beets, scrummy.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Beetroot queen

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 09:01 »
I know I have over done it  :lol: eating them that is, noticed the odd thing is now purple  :blink: Cant resist the first beets, scrummy.

Hehe it gives flamingos a good pink flush so it makes sense it has effects on us too.  :lol:

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 32 queries.