Question from the 'Token Yank'!!

• 4 Replies

Coltar223

• http://www.TheEdibleGardener.com
« on: November 15, 2008, 20:02 »
I am growing Bok Choy and Raddicchio for the first time this year. The Bok plants are 8 yo 10 inches high and nice and full, I have thinned them out about four weeks ago and cooked the thinnings boiled and in a wok. The wok Bok ( no pun!) tasted pretty good however I am getting to the point of harvesting the rest of the row.......................should I leave some to overwinter under Agri bon..........................the weather here in Northern Va, is very similar to Norfolk at this time  especially this year.

Except I have just been notified we are under a Tornado watch until 1900hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just wonderfull.

Any in put would be helpfull.

noshed

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 20:33 »
Welcome mate.
The Pak Choi should overwinter well, assuming they are not swooped up by a tornado. All that sort of stuff does well over winter like mizuna, mibuna, komatsuna etc. Mine have survived quite high winds but not tornados.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Coltar223

• http://www.TheEdibleGardener.com
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 20:59 »
Thanks Noshed................the tornado warning has now been lifted three hours early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Weathermen..........hah.

Just FYI, i cut my first Broccoli head today.............a nice 8 inches across. I dug a few Parsnip last weekend and my wife ( American) nearly fell over when she saw how big it was...............for some strange reason the parsnip in the shops here are harvested when they are about the size of an overgrown carrot and they really do not have that nice nutty flavour.

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 12:25 »
Hi Coltar

Welcome to the forums

Have fun
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 13:06 »
I've moved your question to GYO.  You should get a better response to your gardening question here  :D

I can't help you though I never grown those crops !

Page created in 0.377 seconds with 36 queries.