Essential tools?

• 8 Replies

Christine

Essential tools?
« on: May 01, 2009, 20:10 »
Doing a photo call on the allotment for an item in a national magazine tomorrow.

Lady who calls says do I have a trug (no), fancy wellies (no), a trug (no), a tool belt (no) or a gardener's apron (no). And can I wear bright colours please not blue, black, brown? (Yes, ok). And what colour is the allotment? (Green and brown).

Excuse me but the article is in conjunction with a report on older people and the environment so she knows I'm not young and that it's an allotment not a flower garden.

So out of the list (trug, fancy wellies, tool belt and gardener's apron) are essential kit on an allotment? Possibly wellies but I have feet that don't fit into any known make of wellies and I wear extra wide, extra deep shoes anyway. Hmm.  But am I missing something essential in not having her list of items?

oldbean

• Experienced Member
Re: Essential tools?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 20:18 »
They are all essential..............       for the TV chef collecting from their kitchen garden before demonstrating their latest masterpiece.  ;)

JimS

• The Snail Whisperer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 21:53 »
I like to wear an apron and my wellies, and that's it! Get's a bit chilly sometimes if there is a SouEaster blowin, but hey, no-one said being an Allotmenteer was easy...  :)

mikem

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 22:05 »
A bottleopener, although the edge of a spade seems to work well enough. :tongue2:

Christine

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 07:51 »
Aren't you lot just taking this all in the same vein as me - not very seriously  :nowink:  ::)

Come the day, come the photographer and I expect that me and my pink watering can will manage somehow  :lol:

8doubles

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 08:36 »
As the old saying goes ' never let the truth get in the way of a good story' , get them to bring some nice shiny tools to go with the trug and tool belt.  :D

BobandJack

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 08:53 »
Not surprised you feel a bit chilly JimS if all you're wearing on the plot is an apron & wellies, surprised you haven't been arrested  :D

Eatyourgreens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:12 »
I have just been sitting in my greenhouse and for half an hour I was in a different world, I just drifted off into a world of thought.

I would say my favourite garden chair is pretty essential  ::)

Bob

Christine

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 18:29 »
Well came the day, came the photographer and I told him what the lady said. Being a Durham lad he murmured something about London Journalistic gentry not being related to the real world and wasn't it a fruit and vegetable allotment as wot we were going to take pictures of? However as he wanted paying we'd work out something.

I'd found a shocking pink fold up garden bag in the garden shop as I walked up the road home before he arrived and it went lovely with the purple fleece.   ;)

I'm sure they won't use the one of me sitting in a black foldup chair with me can of coke in the sun next to the parsnip tubs and they won't be able to hear me saying that I could see parsnips appearing (no fancy chitting here - straight in tubs in a sunny place in good compost, grow or not will you!).  :D

xx
Essential organic 'tool kit'

Started by RJR_38 on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post January 17, 2013, 19:15
by RJR_38
xx
Tools For The Job?

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post February 05, 2008, 18:44
by noshed
xx
tools

Started by growman on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 09, 2010, 18:22
by DD.
xx
Tools for Starting Out

Started by jameshuk on Grow Your Own

52 Replies
Last post November 17, 2008, 13:16
by Glyn

Page created in 0.411 seconds with 38 queries.