Is anyone else this sad?

• 23 Replies

too many girls

Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 22:28 »
they all seem to prefer one particular nesting box (even though there's eight) i've seen them queing up.

Shazzer

• Experienced Member
Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 22:37 »
I have 3 hens and i also have a spread sheet on my fridge, its good to see how the laying is going.  I have had a few blank weeks for a certain bird when she goes broody and doesn't lay for a week or so.

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 22:41 »
I record how many eggs each day, who's broody, anyone of colour, moulting , when they're wormed etc etc. I've been doing it for several years and it's really useful to look back on if I'm concerned. i keep records on all my animals and birds. I use a diary where I record veggie stuff too, when things are planted, when they're ready etc. I often note the weather as well which is useful when comparing the progress of garden plants and veggies...

I don't think it's sad, it just makes sense to know what's going o and to make comparisons with previous years.

Judi :wink:

peggyprice

Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 22:44 »
Quote from: "Lost in France"
I record how many eggs each day, who's broody, anyone of colour, moulting , when they're wormed etc etc. I've been doing it for several years and it's really useful to look back on if I'm concerned. i keep records on all my animals and birds. I use a diary where I record veggie stuff too, when things are planted, when they're ready etc. I often note the weather as well which is useful when comparing the progress of garden plants and veggies...

I don't think it's sad, it just makes sense to know what's going o and to make comparisons with previous years.

Judi :wink:

I do seem to take more notice of what's happening with my hens on a daily basis than I ever did with my kids ... :?  :oops:  :lol:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

ck2day

• Experienced Member
Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 08:11 »
I did start keeping a tally of how many eggs I collected each day, but I gave up after a couple of weeks, my OH kept collecting the eggs and then forgetting to put the number down!

Having 20+ chickens (23 and 3 chicks) means I cant keep a tally of who lays each day (they all free range (apart from Darla and her chicks)) so trying to figure out who laid what would take all day.

I do know which ones are ex-batt eggs and which ones are Amberlink eggs though.

But I dont consider you sad or mad for doing it, I keep a note of when my chickens and ponies were wormed, visited the vet etc etc. It all helps when things go wrong

Claire

violet

• Experienced Member
Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2008, 08:59 »
Oh no!!!!! I am obviously a total failure in this department... The fact that I do not keep a hen journal or a veg journal will now be added to the list of other things that I wish I had kept records on......

peggyprice

Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 09:06 »
Quote from: "violet"
Oh no!!!!! I am obviously a total failure in this department... The fact that I do not keep a hen journal or a veg journal will now be added to the list of other things that I wish I had kept records on......

It's never too late to start, Vi  :lol:

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 12:28 »
out of my 3 girls only 1 is laying at the moment but I record each egg on our calender(I draw a little eggie next to the date :) ) and intend to use a colour coded egg system once the other 2 start.

I too have started to keep a chicken diary, Mr Katt thinks I'm completely bonkers, can't disagree with that.  :wink:
Katt

Porffor

Is anyone else this sad?
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 18:15 »
I have thought of having some sort of dot system on the calender ;) so i can keep track once they start laying, but not sure i'd have time to put it on the pc and keep a proper track of their laying.

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 33 queries.