Tiller

• 4 Replies

Anxious Annie

Tiller
« on: March 31, 2010, 13:47 »
Briggs & Stratton 5HP engine on Tiller.  Removed for cleaning the air filter, petrol tank, carburettor, and linkage to the Govenor, Fly wheel and crank wheel.  Opened and cleaned the carb and put back the original diaphragm?. Disturbed Govenor crank when cleaning as I loosened the Lever assembly and the crank moved in towards the engine (retrieved it carefully with a nose pliars to its original position but may have turned it in some direction).  Re-assembled all parts and reset the governor as directed (clockwise clockwise with the throttle open).  Engine will start but cuts out when tiller tines call for more power from the engine however the engine will continue running with choke fully out for a short period.  Air mixture screw is missing from the carburetor but don’t believe this should cause the problem?  Any suggestions what I should do to solve the problem?  Lots of work to be done in the garden.  Anxious Annie

Ice

• muck spreader
Re: Tiller
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 13:54 »
You've posted three almost identical posts under three different headings now.  The first two were identical and now this one, with a small change to the wording.  Did you mean to do this or are you having problems with using the forum? :)
Cheese makes everything better.

Anxious Annie

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 15:01 »
yep, just finding my feet.  Did'nt know how to post for days - not computer illiterate but could'nt figure out the process.  Not the most user friendly system - that said the information on the forum is fab :)  Apologies for the screech factor!!! Annie.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 18:07 »
 :unsure: :unsure: :ohmy:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Troopersnoots

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 18:47 »
I would say your problem lies with not having an air screw on the carb. Usually the more the air screw is screwed in the richer the mixture( more fuel less air), therefore the further out it is the weaker the mixture. As yours is missing the carb will be getting a very weak mixture, hence when you close the choke it runs for a bit as doing this results in more fuel being drawn into the carb because the venturi is covered by the choke flap and the engine draws more fuel and less air.
 I would try fitting an air srew 1st and then taking it from there. If you do get 1 srew it all the way in and then back about 1 and a half turns, then after that its trial and error to get the right position. 8)

xx
Mantis tiller / Stihl multi-tool tiller/cultivator

Started by Turkey Jane on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post August 12, 2008, 12:10
by Percy
xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
tiller

Started by m1ckz on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post June 28, 2012, 12:50
by m1ckz
xx
jcb tiller

Started by big green bloke on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 26, 2007, 06:11
by Gwiz

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 28 queries.