Windows help needed but not for PC

• 6 Replies

Ice

• muck spreader
Windows help needed but not for PC
« on: March 16, 2012, 19:02 »
I've almost finished building my Walton's poly greenhouse now and what a misery inducing experience that was. >:(  I can't for the life of me fathom how the windows are fitted as it tells you how to assemble them but not how to fit them. >:(

Can anyone save what is left of my sanity please? :wacko:
Cheese makes everything better.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Windows help needed but not for PC
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 19:07 »
On mine there is a curve-shaped moulding at the top of the window, and that fits into a slot on the outside of the ridge.
You hold the window out at a 90' angle and slide it along the ridge til it's in the right place.

It then just pivots inside the slot on ridge bar..............I hope that makes sense  :unsure:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 19:11 »
That bit makes sense but fixing the bottom mechanism to the frame is beyond me.  Everything I do makes it open and push itself off at an angle.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 19:36 »
It doesn't sound a lot different from the arrangement on my ally/glass greenhouse - there is nothing to stop the window from sliding along the curved moulding it is fitted to, so it had to be opened straight upwards with a little care, or it wouldn't go back into its proper "seating" when closed again.

(Problem was solved by fitting an automatic vent opener which has a truer "aim" than I have!)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 19:43 »
Sounds about right, not a great design at all.  Been sitting here with the window on my head, the mechanism in my right hand and trying to open and close it with my left hand.  Lucky I live alone. :lol:

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 21:08 »

I spent three years at college learning all about "Technical Comunication Techniques"  and the "Transfer of Technical Information" qualifying to City and Guilds level.  Because I saw how slipshod and downright unfathomable were the 'technical instructions' that came with the average products.

After I had qualified, I then found out that most companies just grabbed someone from the reasearch and design department and  told them to 'get on with it'.  When their thoughts were already on the next product.

I did help in comiling Health and Safety Instructions and Statutory Instructions for 'buckets of sunshine' and found it extremely interesting and rewarding.    Cheers,     Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 21:13 »
The instructions have obviously been translated and not very well at that.  The diagram also shows someone who is taller than the greenhouse itself fixing the roof beam.  Well being ten foot tall would definately make life easier. ::)

It will be worth it in the end. :)

xx
Old Windows!

Started by mikky on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post April 02, 2015, 19:46
by mikky
xx
Re-usable windows?

Started by Yorkie on Design and Construction

8 Replies
Last post March 03, 2011, 20:30
by Growster...
xx
New shed - roof 'windows'?

Started by plot53b on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post January 31, 2012, 21:38
by plot53b
xx
Where to get hold of old windows/glazing?

Started by Middlesexbloke on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post February 26, 2015, 19:31
by 3759allen

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 37 queries.