spanish breton spanial

• 19 Replies

jay001

• Experienced Member
spanish breton spanial
« on: September 01, 2014, 14:13 »
jane and I have been in the process for a couple of months now to rescue "tina" from an animal refuge over in spain she finally starts her journey over to us on the 12th of sept and should be at our door on the 15th she was abandoned in a cage on a building site over there by hunters who didn't want her because she was to timid to hunt we are going to give her a very loving first ever home where she will become one of the family . . . just cant wait for her arrival ! 
tina 5.jpg
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: spanish breton spanial
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 14:30 »
Aww, bless.  Hope she recovers well from the travel  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 14:33 »
she,s been through a hell of a lot yorkie but sure once settled in she will lap up the love and attention that she will get from us .    :D :D :D

BussinSpain

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 15:16 »
Well done you.  Is she coming with all her legal paperwork and being accompanied en route?  There are thousands of abandoned dogs over here.  Our puppie's dad is a Bretton spaniel.  Our neighbours had their friend's dog here last August for his holiday - they put him in with their 3 bitches!  DER!!!!  8 weeks later 15 puppies were born.  He had a wonderful holiday!  Thankfully they found homes for all of them - we had one and she is lovely.
Now what shall I do today?

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 15:32 »
its all been done by " dogs without frontiers " businspain she has been spayed had all injections blood tests etc been micro chipped to our uk address and is coming over with a couple of other dogs from the same pound to various other adoptees over here , they are accompanied at all times by volunteer's who ensure they have plenty of toilet and exercise breaks , these people do these pick up and drops fairly regular from spain to the uk and they assure us that the dogs welfare are the main priority . she will be delivered directly to our door and we will have a tracker no to follow her progress from the minute she is picked up , and yes all paperwork comes with her for our insurance company .

snow white

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 15:42 »
Did you do your research on the breed?  They are very active dogs that love to hunt, with or without you.  But they are lovely dogs that respond well to training.  They will need training, but will be a great family dog, very affectionate and loving.  Hope you enjoy her, she looks lovely.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 16:05 »
we wanted this particular breed from the word go snow white and have spent a lot of time researching and talking to fellow uk owners . . there is quite a growing no of Breton uk owners for precisely the traits of the breed you mentioned lovely temperaments highly intelligent very easy to train and very loving and gentle ideal family pets .  :)  :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 17:06 »
wel done for choosing a rescue, my 3 are all rescues - a staffy x ebt x jrt and brother and sister Newfoundland Landseers. Sadly we lost our 14 year old Newfie x GSD a couple of weeks ago so I keep glancing at all the rescue sites for a 4th dog again (although Jim doesn't really want a 4th dog again).
Staffies are softer than you think.

Oliveview

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 13:51 »
Brilliant news Jay001  well done for saving two dogs, cos when you adopt one dog that makes a space for another dog :D  We had a Breton Spanial at our refuge, Bretona, she was fabulous, after a long wait (only a hunter man enquired about her) she went to a new home- where they say she is a fabulous family dog.
Today our refuge has a Podenco travelling to her Happy Ever After, to a new home in the UK.  It is a long trek by road, but the dogs all cope well and arrive in good spirit, well apart from one, but she was a nervous wreck at the refuge too.  Now she plays, shares her owners cup of tea every morning, sleeps on the sofa and is happy. still terrified of a lead and strangers, but she will get there.   From this side of the rescue side I thank you from the bottom of my heart xxxxxx

Pamela

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 19:54 »
She looks lovely, and lively.  Don't forget to post a photo when she has settled with you -enjoy :D
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 17:33 »
she left Malaga rescue at 5.00 am fri morn they are now a couple of hours from Calais and hope to get into the uk late evening they will hopefully drop 3 off at different foster homes late this evening and then wind there way up through the uk with other drops and should be with jane and I late sun evening . . we are 2nd from last on the drops and one after us at co.durham ! . . . we are tracking there movements on our pc with regular updates from the drivers/dog rescuers and at the moment all is good for her arrival ! . . we cant wait this has been nearly 3 months in the planning to it all coming together . . will post pics when shes here !

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 20:16 »
You must be so excited,
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 06:05 »
over exited would be an understatement snowdrops  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oliveview

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 14:43 »
Well, where is the update????

Pamela

Snoop

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 17:06 »
Hope it's all going OK.

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 37 queries.