very fed up

• 2 Replies

joannazoo

very fed up
« on: June 11, 2007, 14:15 »
I recently took on an allotment, and struggled to find tools, but eventually managed to beg, borrow or buy things. As everyone leaves things down on the allotment so did I. Well actually I did a bit more - I had them linked to a plastic green house thing, most people just put them under a wheel barrow. But now most of my things have been stolen. They took apart my greenhouse thing to get to them. Took a bag and took out the stuff they didn't want and went off with the rest.  :( The stupid people also took the newer stuff, which was tesco value - so useless anyway.
I am really fed up - I don't think I can carry on with the allotment as I can't transport things too and from the allotment, and if it gets stolen when down there I can't leave it. It also seems so deliberate to target me and not others and to go through everything first, and throw away half the stuff. I guess to me the allotment has gone from being a friendly place to one where I feel threatened.  
In addition someone has taken on the allotment next to mine, which is where I can access mine from, and they are gardening right to the edge, so I have to walk over everything whernever I go to mine. I can see problems developing there.
I was really excited about getting an allotment, but now I thnk I will give up.  :cry:

crowndale

very fed up
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 14:55 »
That would be a real shame.  Could you not have a word with your neighbour about access, it must be a long standing problem and presumably the allotment committee must know you'd need access and have said as much to the neighbour?  But you're right, you shouldn't feel threatened on your allotment site, maybe speak to your committee before jacking it in and see if there are other things you could do to improve security for everyone.  Real shame  :(
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

WG.

very fed up
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 14:57 »
What a bummer!   Great advice from crowndale there.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 35 queries.