Poorly Puss Tat

• 34 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Poorly Puss Tat
« on: May 14, 2010, 18:28 »
Just been to the vets with little Blossom. She was the first foster cat I had who came with her 5 kittens - Caesar, Cassius, Thomas (was Cain), Cleo and Cassy - and ended up staying with Phil along with Cassius and I kept Caesar. Anyway, last night she was really down in the dumps, but when we got the laser pen out she had a skitty ten minutes so we thought maybe just a bug and left her to sleep it off. This morning Phil phoned me to say she hadn't moved from the spot she was in last night and she hadnt eaten, drank or passed any fluids.

I took her to the vets this afternoon and her temperature is right up at 105 and has lots of pain in her kidney area  :( Thankfully she weed in the car and it wasn't concentrated so at least she can pass fluids. She has been pumped full of painkillers etc and tonight she is at home to try to get her to drink and to see if her temperature comes down, in which case it is something she has eaten, and back to the vets tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it is something she has eaten and not her kidneys, but very worried about her and hoping that in the morning she is back to her loopy self and it isn't something more serious  :unsure:

raeburg

Re: Poorly Puss Tat
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 18:41 »
Hope things are improving for Blossom.  Jazz has arrive.  He is currently hiding in the cage away from the big hissy thing (Oliver) and the OMG will it eat me thing (Rosa).

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 18:41 »
Sorry to hear that Cara  :(

Fingers crossed for overnight progress
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 18:57 »
hope she's ok soon Cara xxx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 20:24 »
Fingers crossed for her Cara

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 22:08 »
Bloss seems to be getting worse not better  :( She managed to eat a little chicken and drink some water when she got in but now she wont move from the top of the stairs and is staring listlessly at the wall. I'm hoping she starts to perk up over night, but am really worried about the little terror.

joyfull

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 22:09 »
fingers crossed for her xxx

janet12000

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 22:18 »
Hope its better news soon. x

madcat

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 22:20 »
poor little one!   :(
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 22:44 »
Thank you everyone  :) I keep checking on her, but have to go home soon so Phil will need to keep an eye on her overnight. I'm also worried as my little Niblet has yet again gone missing after Arwen chased her out of the house on Tuesday and she hasn't been back since. Although, until she is gone four days or more I won't panic as she sometimes does disappear for a few days when having a strop.

I'm sure cats (and dogs, chooks, ducks, rabbits - all the little terrors) were put on this earth to cause us worry  ::)

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 23:39 »
Hope Blossom perks up by morning!  :( My tiggs had kidney desease and as you know there are things (tablets, food etc) that can be done for them but I have my fingers crossed she picks up by morning! Have noticed that more people use weed killers etc this time of year though, so maybe it could be something she has eaten?

Debbie xx
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 00:46 »
Poor Blossom... I hope she has a restful night and is feeling better in the morning.

My Mac often has periods of being really off colour and I usually put it down to a mouse or similar that he has caught. A shot of antibiotics normally perks him up in a few days.
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 13:03 »
Still not good today  :( Took Bloss to the vets at 9am and at least her temp has come down to 103.5, but that is still high and she is still very lethargic and uncommunicative. As she refuses to use a litter tray (she will hold for days!) the vet said to let her out if she wants to toilet as she needs to pass in case it is something she has eaten and she just went out to toilet then straight back in to lie down and sleep again. The vet printed off all the treatment so that if she has to go to the emergency vets today/tomorrow they know what has been going on. The vet did seem hopefully it is something the silly terror has eaten and not something more serious, but she is still one very poorly little puss tat  :(

Niblet has also still not some home...  :(

joyfull

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 15:11 »
Poor Blossom I hope whatever it is soon passes and I hope Niblet comes home soon. xx

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 23:50 »
Bloss seemed a little better this morning and then started to be sick again  :( Phil let her out for what he intended to be five minutes but she hasn't come back since and that was 6 hours ago  :( I'm really worried about where she has gone as she isn't coming when called and she hasn't had any meds or fluids in her.

On a good point Niblet has returned. A very hungry Niblet, with lots of cobwebs and grime attached to her  ::) I'd love to know where she has been!!!

xx
Poorly old cat

Started by ANHBUC on Pets without Feathers

43 Replies
Last post June 27, 2012, 17:23
by ANHBUC
xx
poorly cat

Started by titch on Pets without Feathers

36 Replies
Last post February 23, 2010, 18:41
by cissie
xx
poorly pup

Started by nicky d on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post May 13, 2010, 20:41
by Spana
xx
Poorly gerbil

Started by Raven81 on Pets without Feathers

25 Replies
Last post November 30, 2011, 21:52
by Raven81

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 39 queries.