poorly pup

• 10 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
poorly pup
« on: May 12, 2010, 13:41 »
We have had our border collie for a couple of mths now, hes now coming up to 5mths, and on sunday there he just out of the blue faded very very fast, it  was really worrying, it got to the point were he wouldnt walk and if he did he was so stiff.  Took him to the vets on monday morning and the vet said he was very poorly, he had a high temp, so vet gave him some injections, thinking he had an infection.   Took him again yesterday and he was really lame on his front legs and feeling very very sorry for himself, so vet kept him in and took him for xrays as he was worried about his front legs.   So got him back late last nite and it turns out he is suffering from very bad growing pains, gees at one point i thought he was dying he was so bad, but he was in alot of pain.  So hes on some medication now to control the pain, bless him, i thought it was only large breeds thats suffered from growing pains, in the last couple of wks though he has shot up, hes all legs so hes housebound now for a couple of wks, hmmmmm a collie housebound  :ohmy:now that is gonna be fun, hes gonna be climbing the walls by the end of it.    :D :D :D :D nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: poorly pup
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 15:33 »
Sorry to hear your pup is sore. :(

On the other hand, I'm glad you are confining it in your house and not mine! We have an 8 month old lab/terrier cross who certainly lets you know if she isn't getting out as much as she wants!Popped out for milk and she "read" the TV Times! :wacko:

Spana

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 16:04 »
Oh.

But theres nothing much on the tele anyway :lol:

Glad its not as bad you thought it might be nicky :)
If i say to my old beardie 'Are you not feeling too good baby' she lifts her paw and limps. :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 16:30 »
so pleased it's nothing too serious. Our Neapolitan when she was growing got an enlarged jaw on one side (apparently it is common with Neapolitans and westies) and it can be painfull as the jaw just gets bigger all the way up. After a few months the rest of her skull caught up so she no longer looked deformed (it was called craniomandibular osteopathy).
Staffies are softer than you think.

sarah f

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 17:15 »
so pleased it was nothing serious poor doggie.
when my labrador was growing up and had same growing pains and later on  had doggie teenage spots  all over his chin::)

wighty

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 20:05 »
My boxer bitch 'sprained' her hip and was kept in a cage for three months to limit her movement.  Short walk round the garden every two hours on a lead for the necessaries.  After that it was limited movement for another six months.  She did go on to have five 'very' small pups.   I have also had a mare that was put in a sling in her stable for two months and then kept in her stall for a further six months so I know how you are feelilng.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:00 »
Sorry to hear your pup is sore. :(

On the other hand, I'm glad you are confining it in your house and not mine! We have an 8 month old lab/terrier cross who certainly lets you know if she isn't getting out as much as she wants!Popped out for milk and she "read" the TV Times! :wacko:

oh my, look at her face,  :D :D im sorry that is a funny piccy, its like she saying "you carnt possibly think that i did that" lol nickyx

tosca100

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 13:20 »
Strange you should say that....I posted it on the Lab Rescue web site and got masses of replies....all laughing. :(

Seeing they all seem to think she's so sweet I tried to get her a new home, no takers though, this isn't the first time she has done stuff to amuse them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicky, hope poorly pup is feeling better.

chris23005

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 13:40 »
Oh.

But theres nothing much on the tele anyway :lol:

Glad its not as bad you thought it might be nicky :)
If i say to my old beardie 'Are you not feeling too good baby' she lifts her paw and limps. :lol:

Beardie? BEARDIE?  :unsure: We have two beardies and lost another at the age of 11 around 4 years ago!!! Ours are aged 4 and 6 - the 6 year old bitch is a sweetie but a bit shy with people at first. The 4 year old is bumptious - no other word for it!!! Does your beardie have a kennel name? Just wondering if I know the breeder!! Phew, small world!!

Love the pic of the lab with the remains of the Radio Times!!! Hehehehehe! And also glad to hear that things are not too serious for the pup - growing pains eh? I have got "growing old pains"  ???
Jack and Rosie comp.JPG
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 13:46 by chris23005 »

tosca100

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 18:18 »
My OH is dotty about Beardies, he had a stunning rescue lurcher that was half beardie. I was a pet sitter for a few years and one regular client had four beardies, including Crufts breed winners, all with totally different characters.

Spana

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 20:41 »

Beardie? BEARDIE?  :unsure: We have two beardies and lost another at the age of 11 around 4 years ago!!! Ours are aged 4 and 6 - the 6 year old bitch is a sweetie but a bit shy with people at first. The 4 year old is bumptious - no other word for it!!! Does your beardie have a kennel name? Just wondering if I know the breeder!! Phew, small world!!

Chris your Beardies are gorgeous.   :)
Our old girl is 14 and showing her age a bit but still very much enjoys life.  I've had a look for her pedigree but cant find it so cant tell you her breeder, I'll ask my daughter if she can remember

xx
Poorly old cat

Started by ANHBUC on Pets without Feathers

43 Replies
Last post June 27, 2012, 17:23
by ANHBUC
xx
poorly cat

Started by titch on Pets without Feathers

36 Replies
Last post February 23, 2010, 18:41
by cissie
xx
Poorly Puss Tat

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

34 Replies
Last post May 19, 2010, 14:47
by raeburg
xx
Miki very poorly, he had to go to vet

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

23 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 07:40
by Oliveview

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 35 queries.