Who's the rat

• 9 Replies

Beano

Who's the rat
« on: March 19, 2013, 15:06 »
My next-door neighbour saw one rat on Thursday morning and kicked up such a fuss. He's never been keen on me having chickens and after almost five years of living next door to chickens, saw one rat. He was, as he said "VERY ANNOYED ABOUT THIS" in a loud intimidating voice. He phoned the council out to sort the rat problem, that he was convinced originated from our chickens. He had me very worried that the council could insist that I get rid of my precious chickens.
Well the council "rat man" came out, found and sorted a nest of rats in their garden and one in ours.
Now that soon shut him up. He has been feeding wild birds and he had his own little colony and the one he saw was probably his rat!
That sut him up!
El.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Who's the rat
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 15:11 »
We have a neighbour who is overfeeding feral pigeons so they will probably have the same problem.  Luckily they are on the other side of the road. 

Glad you got it sorted Beano.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

agapanthus

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 19:13 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yaxley

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 19:53 »
Whether you have chickens or not theres rats everywhere now and people should understand that but as soon as they see one it,s the people with the chickens or pigeons that have caused it glad you shut your neighbour up ...
Grow organic as nature intended

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 21:47 »
Our neighbour is like that.  He saw a rat in his garden and blamed it on our chickens, but Brian said all our chicken and turkey food is kept in bins out of the way of vermin.

However, all the bread and stuff that neighbours wife throws out so her little girl can watch the nice birdies is what is probably attracting the rats into their garden  :lol:

And we have a very large land drain out the back of our houses, and of course the rats live in the banks.

Beano

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11 »
Thanks all for the replies. I knew I was talking to friends on this sight. Everyone I've spoken to in the village have said the same, that rats are everywhere and that he should get over himself. He wont be getting any more free eggs, strawberries, rhubarb or anything else from my garden ever
 again.

Chicken_Lover

• Experienced Member
  • R.I.P you two beautiful ladies:(
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 09:44 »
I'm lucky because my neighbour has pigeons, chickens, and sheep so when he saw a rat he couldn't blame it on us.
1 Leghorn Cockerel, 2 Warrens, 4 Lemon Goldfish and 1 Jack Russell, One Big Party!!!!!! :D :D

cadalot

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 10:33 »
We have seen rats in our back garden recently but didn't help that one side was feeding the birds and the other had loads of rubbish in the back garden - like upturned sofas and mattresses.

Guy feeding birds has stopped, found a dead rat something had got at (cat or fox) managed to catch another in a trap, and the one I have seen recently wondering backwards and forwards and who started to nibble at the shed door to get into the warm just will not eat the stuff the rat guy from the council put down. He must have a food source somewhere - and the rat guy says they will travel miles looking.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 22:55 »
We have seen rats in our back garden recently but didn't help that one side was feeding the birds and the other had loads of rubbish in the back garden - like upturned sofas and mattresses.

Guy feeding birds has stopped, found a dead rat something had got at (cat or fox) managed to catch another in a trap, and the one I have seen recently wondering backwards and forwards and who started to nibble at the shed door to get into the warm just will not eat the stuff the rat guy from the council put down. He must have a food source somewhere - and the rat guy says they will travel miles looking.

If the property with the rubbish in the garden is Council owned or Trust House you can complain and they have to send a squad to remove the rubbish if the Tenant doesn't.   ;)

cadalot

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 06:34 »
It's a private landlord with limited "Engrish" a Korean who wears marigold gloves for every DIY job he does - they lived in the living dining room and rented out the bedrooms until their child got to an age where it needed it's own room, and I'm guessing they had made enough to buy another property and now they let it out.

Council did not want to know, Environmental Health did not want to know and It was only when the last tenants moved out and he had to come to redecorate the house and put back into order before he could let again some 18months after he told be he would clear the debris that it actually happened.

Then he had the nerve to tell me how dirty there were and how much damage that had caused to the property....

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 38 queries.