Best £2.35 spent

• 9 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Best £2.35 spent
« on: December 27, 2019, 20:23 »
Been using Adobe Lightroom 2 for a number of years to edited my photos and over the years of watching you tube vids got to know it pretty well.

Well thats what I thought then I came across a second hand book on the subject, the author is Scott Kelby and I have seen some of his vids.

Learnt more in the first two chapters than the years of you tubing!
Best £2.35 spent I reckon.

What we gonna do when books go forever?
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

mrs bouquet

Re: Best £2.35 spent
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 22:56 »
Pleased you got a bargain book.  I always look in the charity shops, jumble sales etc, there are some good old books around.     I think that if there are never any more books, it won't be my problem !!!!!  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 08:53 »
I tend to think there WILL always be books, because we already know that digital copies tend not to store well, but books can last for thousands of years in the right conditions...

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 14:11 »
Well done that man!

I've never even heard of Lightroom, and only this morning was wondering if I had the time and energy to learn more on Photoshop, and now I can start afresh!

Years ago, I think Nikon did a cut-down version of a pic editor, which was easy for ageing Growsters, but up to now, it's been Picasa for better or worse!

I've got this idea of trying to re-make pics of our village and make them look like 150 years ago and it takes a lot of brain power...

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 20:12 »
Adobe introduced Lightroom really for photographers and Photoshop then became more graphic designer based.
The main advantage is Lightroom allows you to process RAW files and that is non destructive, if you cock up you can either just go back or complete reset.
For most of what I shoot it RAW unless snapping my daughter at footy then I have to shoot jpeg.
Lightroom is like being in the darkroom.It also allows you to create and save presets so you can apply them to a photo, if you need to alter it a tad you can
Have to say it is very good.
You can get older copies now on ebay as it Adobe have put it on the cloud.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 13:04 »
Growster, I used to have a simple pic adjustment on my previous PC which for some reason wasn't downloaded on my current one with Windows 10 and I can't remember the name of it. Currently I've got Microsoft Office Picture Manager and Paint but I've just tried doing Paint with one of my Abbey pics. I haven't quite got the sepia tint I wanted but with a few fine adjustments you can get it as you want by adjusting the light and tint. See my attachments and, if I can do it then so can you! Trouble is I've forgotten how to download a new pic - der!
Abbey 1923 18474 (2) sepia.jpg
Abbey 1923 18474 (600 x 390).jpg
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

MrsPea

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 13:41 »
Love all the men in rain coats, hopeful books will never go we love reading  :)
I Love my green house

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 17:33 »
Thank you, GG!

I didn't know you had to use a stick, but there again, the guys behind you seemed to be in charge, so you'd have been quite safe..;0)

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 11:20 »
You cheeky little monkey! From the look of the lady with the stick and a leg at each corner I think she wouldn't stand any nonsense from them or you either.  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 17:08 »
Actually, she seems to have dropped her Ipod, as the wire is on the deck as well!

I'm sorry about the bloke on the right who has to stand on one leg, but knowing how long it takes to get these old pics to work, he'd probably have been there for some considerable time... I fully understand!

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 49 queries.