Servere Allergic Reaction

• 6 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Servere Allergic Reaction
« on: September 06, 2019, 09:10 »
Had to go to docs after my hands exploded in tiny little blisters that was quite painfull (worse when hot) and very very itchy.
Turns out to be a VERY serious allergic reaction  :ohmy: :ohmy:

We have now discovered the cause and the doctor has told me I am not allowed to do the washing up for several weeks   :(
Turns out last Monday I was making a lot of passata and other stuff and continuely washing bits in the sink with washing up liquid and this has caused dyshidrotic eczema, hundreds of tiny little blisters all along me fingers and hands, it appears to be fairly common with frequent hand washing and certain detergents.

Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

wighty

Re: Servere Allergic Reaction
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:26 »
Although I have sympathy towards your reaction, my first thought was you men will do anything to get out of washing up!  :D

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 09:28 »
Although I have sympathy towards your reaction, my first thought was you men will do anything to get out of washing up!  :D
:lol: :lol: to be honest I dont mind as I go in the kitchen, pop me sports radio on and chill in the quiet.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 09:48 »
It often happens to me, but there's an easy way to avoid the rash (rather than avoid the washing up  :nowink:)
A nice pair of rubber gloves  :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 11:54 »
 Sympathise Aidy but like mum I don washing up gloves as I get dermatitis at the drop of a hat, even just dusting brings it on. I also have to be careful of the gloves as I have an allergy to latex.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

grinling

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 09:37 »
Some make my hands itch, like Fairy, so I use Sainsbury's own brand

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 11:06 »
Sometimes, I get dermatitis.   It has just flared up again.   Around my nose and in my lips.   On my hands.  I have not found out what causes it.    I do feel very stressed at present though, and I suspect that may have something to do with it.   It is very sore isn't it.     Take care Aidy, and go and sit on the bench.   regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 46 queries.