winter break

• 3 Replies

rowlandwells

winter break
« on: November 29, 2021, 14:33 »
I always term these winter months a winter break when gardeners take a back seat and with next year in mind ordering seed and other things catching up on what we could be achievable on the plot next gardening season and of cause asking fellow gardeners on this site for advise I always log any advise that I've been told in my garden diary to look back on well I think ones never to old to learn new tricks of the trade :D

I also tend to read back issues in  garden mags some are worth a read some are more use for lighting the log
burner when I look out the window in my computer room at the snow covered  frozen ground that lays dormant till  spring when the days start to get brighter and things start to wake up after that long cold winter months

then come spring we can't wait to get started after being locked in the house in those dark cold days  dusting of the cobwebs in the potting shed and staring to sow seeds so that old chair that's been so much used through those dark cold winter months is now redundant and the log fire that has brought comfort and warmth is being lit les often as the weather warms up through the spring days

so I'm day dreaming of those many hours spent on the plot in those warm summer days this year sitting under a tree with a nice cold drink wouldn't need to go to far to get  some ice in you drink now :lol:

Christine

Re: winter break
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 16:06 »
Humph. Don't mind the winter break coming down to one or two days a week but there are a few things I'd like to fit in whilst there is not a lot of pressure.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 06:52 »
I am with Rowlandwells and am up for a bit of hibernation  :lol:   There is still stuff to do but I shall get to it as and when over the next few months.

The storm, followed by snow and freezing temperatures, made me happy to be doing inside stuff and planning  :)

AndyRVTR

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 07:50 »
I must admit I love this time of year, it not only gives the body a rest but also the mind. This time last year I was still building my home lottie and things were a tad hectic trying to get everything ready for the season ahead, but his year I'm well ahead of the game with all but 2 beds fully prepped and new seeds all ready to be sown. It won't be long until January is here which is when my growing season starts and onion seeds are sown so I'm gonna make the most of my time off!

clip
A break through!

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post March 18, 2020, 14:42
by rowlandwells
xx
take a break

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 23, 2021, 19:05
by grinling
xx
Christmas break too long?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post December 31, 2021, 09:49
by bayleaf
xx
Hi de Hi in Winter...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post November 21, 2017, 10:31
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 43 queries.