Top Soil

• 2 Replies

Knight Family

Top Soil
« on: October 11, 2008, 20:33 »
Ok nice quick and hope easy question.....

I'm going to be getting some top soil for my raised beds, so is there anyway to make sure i get good quality top soil? E.g. what should i look for since no dout it will be done over the phone and then dropped at the front door.

(Beds filled 50% with good rotted down horse muck now just need the 50% top soil).
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

vegmandan

Top Soil
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 23:50 »
I can't see there being any way you can guarantee getting decent stuff over the phone at all. :cry:

If you get some from an advert in the local paper or similar then you'll be trusting the seller ,who could be selling you absolutely anything.

I would go to a trusted reputable seller of soil who can guarantee it's quality.

It may cost you more but I would never ever buy any soil from somewhere I couldn't either visit or know where it's come from.

There are loads of dodgy folk and devellopers,selling so called top soil from contaminated brown field sites, which you shouldn't touch with a barge pole, but they can seem genuine.

All I can say is to really check out what you buy  and make sure it's from a safe supplier.

Knight Family

Top Soil
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 02:44 »
Vegman, Thanks I tried to do a price check from the web and it scared me! Topsoil seems so expensive

xx
Top soil?

Started by heygrow on Grow Your Own

30 Replies
Last post November 06, 2011, 18:07
by Benandbill
xx
How much top soil?

Started by kermit on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post March 06, 2010, 16:52
by kermit
xx
Soil help

Started by rideandy on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 02, 2009, 19:54
by Adey
xx
Low PH Soil

Started by Manteiga on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 16:20
by savbo

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 32 queries.