Single cream in ice cream

• 20 Replies

chrissie B

Re: Single cream in ice cream
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 16:51 »
oh yes please , hubby partial to rum and rasin and i had a great recipe of racheal allen just carnt find it any where , but going to use the same recipe without the chocolate this time soon as i got freezer space , leg of lamb coming out at the weekend so that should free up some space . thanks for the info .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

cheshirecheese

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 11:46 »
I couldn't afford a posh ice cream maker with inbuilt freezer, so went for the Andrew James one as it was voted 'best buy' in Which? magazine.  You can get it on Amazon (reduced from £69.95 to £19.95 plus p&p)  I just keep the bowl in the freezer so you don't have that moment where you go to make a batch of ice cream but can't!

Oliveview

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 08:04 »
Lidl have one on sale  here  in Spain next week, the day we go on holiday, so I am hoping we can find a Lidl on the way!  Any ideas for low sugar icecream?   Is it possible?  Also, only UHT cream here, creme fraiche and greek yoghurt, no fresh double or single cream  :(

So before I buy, what suggestions ¡, if any, on low sugar (suitable for a diabetic)  ice creams.
Thanks
Pamela

Mrs Bee

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2012, 11:23 »
Yes, low sugar is possible or if you can get it fruisana, a fruit sugar, that works well and you only need a third in comparison with ordinary sugar.  :)

Brother in law and dad are diabetic and have used this before.  The only thing you will need to remember when using less sugar is that is you store the ices they can go rock hard.

you can off set this by adding a heavily whipped egg white and/or a tablespoon or so of a related alchohol. Acts like antifreeze.

All the  cream substitutes you have listed will be great for ices.

I use a basic recipe Of Gary Rhodes if I am busy but want an ice quickly which is a sugar and water syrup liquidised with some fruit and then add 2-3 tablespoons of creme fraiche.
Makes an intense fruity ice with a slight creamy consistency.

You can also make some nice light refreshing milk ices instead of using cream substitutes.

Ropster

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 14:18 »
I have the cusinart, posh freezer included machine and it is fantastic. it was a 40th birthday present. It is just mixing up a batch of quick vanilla, the only sort i tend to make these days.
1 cup caster sugar, 1 cup milk, 2 cups double cream, dash of vanilla. in the machine for 45 minutes. Jobs a goodun

Mrs Bee

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 18:42 »
I have the cusinart, posh freezer included machine and it is fantastic. it was a 40th birthday present. It is just mixing up a batch of quick vanilla, the only sort i tend to make these days.
1 cup caster sugar, 1 cup milk, 2 cups double cream, dash of vanilla. in the machine for 45 minutes. Jobs a goodun

Thank you for that recipe Ropster, not tried that recipe but will give it a go. There are times for a quick icecream recipe fix :D

I have a Gaggia, posh freezer. Haven't bought icecream for over 20 years. :)

xx
Freezing single cream ?

Started by Lardman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post December 29, 2010, 11:20
by Lardman
xx
What can I do with frozen cream? Butter? Ice Cream?

Started by Swing Swang on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post February 17, 2016, 11:19
by tosca100
xx
Cream for Ice cream

Started by RJR_38 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

9 Replies
Last post August 10, 2015, 22:08
by RJR_38
grin
ice cream

Started by chrissie B on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

21 Replies
Last post March 29, 2009, 09:21
by chrissie B

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 35 queries.