Toaster Bags

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Toaster Bags
« on: January 27, 2023, 12:28 »
Sometimes I just fancy a ham and cheese toasty.    Have you tried these bags, do they work, and which are the best ?    Thanks,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Toaster Bags
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 12:50 »
I'm not much help as I've never tried the bags - I make mine in my small George Forman grill.

AndyRVTR

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 13:40 »
I've tried them Mrs B.. still have some I'm the cupboard! They're OK as long as you don't put too much of a filling in them as it doesn't tend to heat enough for me, ie cheese doesn't melt, onion doesn't get hot.. plain ham are great, but they basically keep any contents in place while they toast your bread..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 19:26 by AndyRVTR »

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 09:14 »
I was going to buy a panini/toastie maker until the day I really fancied a cheese and mushroom panini.  I prepped it with the filling, popped it into the microwave for a minute or two to ensure the inside was nicely melted, then put it under the grill on my cooker for a minute or so on each side.  Perfect result and the cost of buying another piece of kitchen equipment saved.

wighty

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 17:36 »
I have a recipe in my box, I'll look it up,  for bacon and spinach toasties cooked in the oven using    part baked rolls. I'm sure they could be adapted to be filled with other ingredients.

Lardman

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 17:17 »
I bought one of the clam things you can put in the microwave by MICO after seeing a Barry Lewis youtube video. https://youtu.be/lpLBWV0MFkg?t=676 It's very passable - not as good as a good toastie maker but less hassle than the alternatives.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 16:22 »
Hey Lardy, I just watched that video, so thanks.  But where do I buy one ?   Ms B

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 47 queries.