Rattie HAS to go!

• 4 Replies

Kleftiwallah

Rattie HAS to go!
« on: November 28, 2022, 11:34 »
Good morning everyone,  I mean no offence but rats and chickens, they seem to be an assosiated subject, so could I ask you which rat poison do you recommend?  So far there has been only one in our greenhouse and I'd like to reduce the population to zero. >:(

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

snowdrops

Re: Rattie HAS to go!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 13:10 »
I just use the blocks in a sealed rat bait box, blocks are whatever I can get hold of, but this year as I’m now our garden club store manager & get to buy for it I bought in readiness just the blocks our supplier had got. I seem to get 1 rat each winter in the compost bins that back on to the chicken run, so don’t want to take chances. Tried live trapping but that never caught anything.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 20:20 »
Many thanks for your reply, I guess I'll just take pot luck down that South American river!   Cheers,  Tony.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 20:33 »
I have a bait box and bait blocks on standby in case of rats.  Only used it in anger once but it seemed to do the trick and is called Critterkill.

The rats were actually a couple of gardens away under a huge pile of rubbish left when the new owners renovated the whole house, but when they eventually shifted it, the rats were on the move looking for new lodgings.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 20:42 »
I've just constructed a rat trap from a large bucket and fitted a flip top top!  Finely balanced with a bait block on one side.  Let's see what tomorrow brings!  I've got the trail camera set up.

Cheers  Tony.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 40 queries.