Hiring Concrete Mixers

• 3 Replies

grendel

Hiring Concrete Mixers
« on: July 07, 2014, 20:11 »
I was most surprised, I had searched most of the local hire companies for prices on hiring a concrete mixer, the problem I had was picking up and returning the mixer (when delivery costs are £22 and the pick up the same it all adds up. one firm locally was £30 for a day, £50 for a week, so I searched the internet for better deals and found one at £15 a day or £26.65 a week, and they did local pickup. I phoned up and booked one for a week (saturday pickup, drop back the next saturday). when I went to the address to pick it up, it was the same place whose website quoted £30 for the day.
So its worth checking out the online hire companies as their deals are better than you can get locally - even though you get the equipment from the same place.
the mixer I hired came with RCD and extension lead at no extra cost.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Lardman

Re: Hiring Concrete Mixers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 14:16 »
Useful to know - I looked at hiring as I have yet more walls to build and don't fancy doing it in the barrow. Given the hire price and hassle I was going to buy one and ebay it after - they really do seem to hold their value well.

Alifink

• Don't follow me, I'm lost too
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 16:21 »
Alternatively look for local hire companies, not the national chains. One near me in Chorley will hire a heavy duty (and I mean heavy duty) rotavator for £24+VAT per day, with additional days at half price. Try getting that at HSS.

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 19:20 »

When building our house extension (for my Mam but she up't and died halfway through the build so not it's for my motorcickles) I went round the hire shops and asked if they had one on it's last legs down for auction.   They had and I bought it for £50:00.  Lasted me the course and then later made good use down the Gliding club I belonged to.  Give it a go.

Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

xx
concrete mix

Started by noshed on Design and Construction

19 Replies
Last post February 25, 2008, 22:56
by poultrygeist
xx
Laying Concrete

Started by mrs bouquet on Design and Construction

11 Replies
Last post June 26, 2020, 20:02
by jezza
xx
New concrete floor

Started by Spana on Design and Construction

9 Replies
Last post February 26, 2010, 16:57
by new_2_veg
xx
concrete floor in greenhouse

Started by tallulah on Design and Construction

8 Replies
Last post December 31, 2011, 17:48
by tallulah

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 38 queries.