Melumber or Cucelon?

• 4 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Melumber or Cucelon?
« on: September 07, 2007, 22:16 »
Well, here is the promised picture of my melon and cucumber cross!  I wanted it to get a bit bigger, but it fell off on Sunday, so I took the pic then grandson wanted it so he could show his teacher and friends at school!

[/IMG]

milkman

Melumber or Cucelon?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 17:40 »
what was it's predominant flavour - cuc or melon? and did it have a nice melon smell?
Gardening organically on chalky, stony soil.

GrannieAnnie

Melumber or Cucelon?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 20:26 »
Well it wasn't ripe enough to eat Milkman, and Grandson took it back to cambridge with him to show at school, but the other couple that look like melons that also fell off, tasted more melony, but not sweet.

Even if the other 11 don't taste that sweet, I thought I could at least make some melon and ginger jam or something, hate wasting anything me, especially if I've grown it myself!!!!!

I do have 1 REAL melon from a whole packet of seeds I bought for 49 in Wilko, but then 49p for a melon isn't bad is it!!!!????? lol

milkman

Melumber or Cucelon?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 09:36 »
if you know anyone with guinea pigs they will love munching on the crunchy skins!

GrannieAnnie

Melumber or Cucelon?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 10:27 »
There's not much left by the time the chooks have finished with them, that is unless the dog gets there first!!!

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 39 queries.