SAS Rogue Heroes

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

SAS Rogue Heroes
« on: November 22, 2022, 16:03 »
Has anybody been watching this Sunday night programme. ?

I have, but I do struggle with their blacked out faces, goggles and working in the dark.   I have no idea who each of them are or why they are there.  But I find it compulsive viewing.  Is anybody else enjoying ? Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

rowlandwells

Re: SAS Rogue Heroes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 17:35 »
yes, it's well worth watching supposably a true story I like to watch true stories and the bravery of those chaps that should never be forgot so yep looking forward to the next episode 

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2022, 07:56 »
Am thoroughly enjoying it.  Addictive viewing. 

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 14:20 »
After last nights programme, I went to bed wondering how the Irish man got all the poles and planks to build the 30ft tower.   :unsure:  Mrs Bouquet

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 22:39 »
Too much strong language for me .
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 13:58 »
Too much strong language for me .

I guess their language must have been what it is.  I doubt that they were bothered with courtesies.   Turn the sound off and enjoy it   :lol:  Mrs B

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 23:25 »
Having known a few ex-SAS, it's obviously a bit 'made for the screen' but not that far off. They just don't give up. I think it was Andy Mcnab who recounted 6 SAS men surrounded by an overwhelming force of Iraqi soldiers. So the SAS charged! Toughest of the tough.

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 10:17 »
OH dragged me off to the tank museum in Bovington many moons ago.  There were audio guide handsets to walk round with and you could choose facts and figures about the exhibits or stories from ex-soldiers. 

I choose the latter and they were brilliant.  Some sad, some heart warming and some just plain hilarious.  It saved me from an afternoon of boredom, but by far the best story was by an old boy who had been part of a tank crew who captured a German Tiger tank, when the army was desperate to get hold of one in during WW2. 

They trundled over a hill in their little tank and came face to face with this new monster tank.  Figuring they were finished, they decided to go down fighting and drove full pelt at the Tiger tank.  The German crew were spooked by this and thought the British had developed some devious new weapon to take out their new and pretty untested tank.  They bailed and ran off, leaving the British tank crew to nick the Tiger tank and drive it back to base.    He got a medal for his efforts, as did the rest of the crew, but wow did they earn them  :D

The second best one was an ex-SAS soldier about his experiences in the Gulf War.  They encountered an unidentified obstacle on the road in the dead of night and fired shells over its head thinking it may be an ambush.  After several rounds of sound and fury from them nothing moved, then a guy appeared waving his arms.  He asked if they could please stop firing while he shifted his camels out of the way.  The camels were laying down resting and ignoring the shells, as they didn't see why they should move  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 11:23 »
Thanks New Shoot for taking the time to tell us that.  They are funny stories to read now, but not so funny for the guys at the time.    Mrs B

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 46 queries.