......and then, the sun shines!

• 3 Replies

300AJC

• My other pet's a Land Rover!
......and then, the sun shines!
« on: April 30, 2012, 10:08 »
So, I was up and at 'em at about 8:30 this morning and I managed to "roof" the aviary. What's that phrase? "The best time to fix the roof is when the sun is shining"

I hope the membrane holds out, although I'm sure it will need replacing in time. I paved the floor the other week so I think I've done what I can to fend of another mud bath if (When!) the rains return. I've gave it all a good sweep out too. It's amazing how much muck had congregated in such a short time.

6 chickens, 1 Land Rover

tortzblue

• Darcey Bussell
Re: ......and then, the sun shines!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 12:04 »
Well done, sounds just perfect! "Topping off" is that the phrase? I think your suppose to crack a bottle or two so I'll be right over!  :tongue2:

Dopey113

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:14 »
topping out

A religious practice of placing a tree ( or branch now) on the top of a new building to appease the tree-dwelling spirits of their ancestors that had been displaced
If Its Not Growing... Its Dead.

j00les

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 14:27 »
it is so much nicer when the sun is shinning my girls are very happy it has stopped raining today they have had the run of the garden making lovely chicken noises  :tongue2:  and i cleaned out the coop :(  i think they got the better deal lol

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 34 queries.