I love my neighbours!!!

• 9 Replies

francais

• Experienced Member
I love my neighbours!!!
« on: October 23, 2010, 20:20 »
I read so many stories on here about issues with neighbours, and just wanted to share how wonderful bot of mine are!

Last week the old lady on the right thanked me for having the chickens - telling me just how much enjoyment she gets from them. She says as she dosen't get out that much, she loves to wander down her garden and spend a bit of time sitting on the bench watching my ladies cluck about.

Then just tonight, my other neighbour was waiting on the door step when I got in and she asked me if she could care for my ladies while I was away on holiday next week! She looked after them for a week in August when I went away and she was so kind, that I didn't want to impose on her by always asking her, so DH had asked his brother, but TBH it's a bit of a trek for his brother so I was just so, so glad of her offer!

They are both great neighbours and I feel so lucky to have such great people!
Toni

wolverine

• Experienced Member
Re: I love my neighbours!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 06:37 »
it makes life easier doesn't it ? My neighbours are both great aswell the polish guy to the left smells any eggs I give him with great enthusiasm and tells me they remind him of Poland ha ha. What ever floats your boat :D
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

NormandyMary

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 16:14 »
We have good neighbours too (french), Francis dispatches our poorly hens for us if required. However, I used to give them the odd dozen eggs when I had quite a few chooks, but then they used to come down with the empty boxes expecting them to be filled for free. Im happy to give them on MY terms, but thought they were taking the you know what a bit. Then I lost my hens to the foxes, so I havent offered any more from my new girls. We are living on a pension, so they probably have more money than us (french pensions are much higher than Uk ones)so I didnt think it was fair for me to feed them for free.
Rant over.  (Actually, they still owe me half a pound of butter too!!)

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 19:20 »
I'm lucky with my neighbours too. They even asked us to keep our cockerel because they liked the sound of him! They bring their grandchildren round to see and stroke the chickens, and will happily look after them if we go away.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 19:36 »
What a breath of fresh air francais :D

rainbow1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 20:06 »
We have fantastic neighbours - I'd be abe to call on any of them if I needed anything and we all get on really well. We look out over a little green and in the summer we had a street tea party on it. About twenty five people came & we were out there until after dark. Great fun!

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 16:05 »
Im very lucky too in that i have great neighbours, the couple living next to me are always on hand to luck after them for me, yesterday we went to my mums for the day which is about an hrs drive so my they looked after them for me for the day,  the emptied the nest boxes for me and i said he could keep wot ever eggs where laid, he was very happy this morning, he had the girlies eggs on toast and he loved it lol. :D
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

Beetroot queen

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 16:20 »
My neighbours deserve a pat on the back as they put up with the following instruments daily

two violins
one clarinet
one harp
one piano
one snare drum
one set of conga's
one xylophone
and a glockenspiel
Just waiting for the santa lists as every year we end up with something else  :ohmy:

Considering we live in a terrace they need a medal  :lol:

evie2

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 20:57 »
We have some lovely neighbours, veg peels are sent over the fence for the rabbits, I send eggs and fruit :D 

Brian's a star, he caught Fuifui the rabbit, who'd been running around the gardens for days  :D

And there 's always chicken sitters available :D 
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 21:14 »
Same here, I am ever so lucky as James next door loves the chickens and ducks and even when I had cockerels never complained - I regularly catch him talking to my drakes so he may be as mad as me..... Two doors down bring their kids to see the animals quite often and always offer to look after them for me if I go away. The other side has sadly just passed away and the house is going on the market - I must admit I am a little worried about who moves in as living next to 3 chickens, 8 ducks, 2 quail and 6 cats (plus occasional foster kits running amok) isn't for everyone!

exclamation
Neighbours don't want my eggs!

Started by Lindeggs on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 21:38
by Lindeggs
xx
Chicken staying in a neighbours coop!

Started by Mrs Mant on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post July 22, 2012, 22:12
by Chicken star
xx
Love is................

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post August 28, 2011, 20:28
by Elcie
xx
Love those chooks but......

Started by viettaclark on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post October 28, 2010, 09:40
by arugula

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 40 queries.