New hounse and Electric fence.. and now 2 more chickens!! (Pic's to follow)

• 3 Replies

Knight Family

Well I finished my chicken coop late last night. I'm very please with it even though it has cost me slightly move than the first one!

This one is made out of exterior plywood, in a bid to reduce the hiding places of the dreaded red mite!! I designed it for 12 chickens even though we now only have 10 (more to follow on this due to wife!)

So its up and painted new feeders and drinkers for the girls, cost me more than I would ever save on eggs but I've realised that the eggs are a bonus and not the reason :tongue2:.

So I decided to setup the ectric fence, so unpacked it all setup the pariminter and all in all I was very happen with it. Thought time to use the tester, and it was just hitting 3000V :( . So remembering the post on here about netting and catching on legs I examined and yep there it was a touching strand.

so I though great voltage increased a little bit more, but I also happened to touch the netting and it was not that bad at all!! :) I felt very sad and my wallet was crying due to the waste of cash...... However I then saw that the eath lead had droped off, so I went to re attach it.........

You know whats coming dont you!!

Yep once I connected it up I happened to bring myslef up from a crouched posistion and I reached out for the netting, and shall I just say I dont need to test the voltage any more, however I did need to pick out the thistle from me legs and bum!!!

The wife found this very funny in deed......

And well today a couple a couple of doors down have 2 girls that should have been in a new home today, but the person dropped out. So mugins here has been asked (see told) shall we have them. Well I'm a sucker like most of us here, so tonight I'm picking them up there just 18 weeks old so should keep the flock nicely stocked...

Pictures are to follow tonight when I get home and take some.

For the plans I'll draw them up and if anyone wants them I'll be happy to send people them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:41 by Knight Family »
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

madcat

:D :D  At least you know your heart is in good nick!
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Wild Pony

• Experienced Member
  • God made ducks to make him laugh
 :D :D :D :D :D sorry to laugh but my hubby tested ours out on me, 6000v up my arm to shall I say......my pectorals.....oh boy did that hurt.

Knight Family

Dont worry I had to laugh as well, once I got up.

Pictures will Follow tonight need to find the camera......

xx
Electric Fence Insulators

Started by Knight Family on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post November 07, 2010, 18:56
by Knight Family
xx
Electric fence up & runnig

Started by GTFC197 on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 19:27
by GTFC197
xx
electric fencing for chickens

Started by daisy1990 on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post June 19, 2010, 07:47
by daisy1990
xx
chooks flying over the fence and away

Started by TeaPots on Chicken Chat

22 Replies
Last post December 20, 2010, 00:31
by penninehillbilly

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 38 queries.