cant be much longer now. Surely.

• 8 Replies

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
cant be much longer now. Surely.
« on: June 07, 2010, 19:16 »
i have 3 light sussex and 2 black rock as some of you already know. One of the light sussex is 24 weeks old. Im unsure of the others ages. I was shown by dizzie lizzie how to check the width between the pelvic bones. So i checked all of mine and i can fit 2 fingers in the gap of the 24 week old light sussex and the 2 black rock. Checked about 1 week ago. Surely i wont have to wait much longer for an egg now. Plus the combs and the bits underneath of the black rocks have got bigger and redder in the last week. Anyone got any ideas?
1 dog -Chloe 1 cat - Oscar 2 hamsters - Flo and Tinkerbell 3 ferrets - Charlie, chip and rupert 3 light sussex - Madge, Henrietta and lucy-lou 2 black rocks - Peggy and Betty 1 puppy on the way i'm not mad i'm in love. :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: cant be much longer now. Surely.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 19:22 »
sounds like they are very close now  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 19:29 »
hope so. I think they are doing it on purpose because they know im impatient at the best of times. Could anything be stopping them laying? They definetly havnt started because they are in a run. We did think about the possibility they was eating them. Would i know?

joyfull

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 20:02 »
don't worry they have got to go through the checking out the nest box stage (might be an idea to put a pot/plastic egg in there to give them the idea where to go - a golf ball would do for this as well  :lol:. Then they will go in come out go in etc - when one of mine laid her first egg she was sat in there for about 3 hours or more before she finally popped it out but it was well worth the wait  :D

TeaPots

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 20:12 »
do they 'squat' down for you if you stroke their back?  ;)  Thats another good sign.  :tongue2:  Bless them....its worth waiting longer, as that makes it more likely that when they get into the full swing of daily laying, they will probably lay throughout the winter for you  :D

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 20:16 »
i put a pot egg in about 2 weeks ago. Just got to wait. I think im just impatient. God knows what im going to be like when i actually get my first egg.

joyfull

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 20:18 »
make sure you take a photo of it and post on here  :D

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 20:35 »
oh dont worry i will.

hillfooter

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 03:13 »
i have 3 light sussex and 2 black rock as some of you already know. One of the light sussex is 24 weeks old. Im unsure of the others ages. I was shown by dizzie lizzie how to check the width between the pelvic bones. So i checked all of mine and i can fit 2 fingers in the gap of the 24 week old light sussex and the 2 black rock. Checked about 1 week ago. Surely i wont have to wait much longer for an egg now. Plus the combs and the bits underneath of the black rocks have got bigger and redder in the last week. Anyone got any ideas?

Yes patience.
HF
Truth through science.

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 36 queries.