I need to get out more (but only after 4:15pm)

• 4 Replies

splash101

I need to get out more (but only after 4:15pm)
« on: November 27, 2013, 17:33 »
I dont venture out too often but i'm finding myself working my social outings around the chooks lock up time.

Just as well as a blooming fox has just paid us a visit at 5pm. The cheek of it.
I did the normal crazy women act down the garden (normal for me anyway, not sure the neighbours think its normal).

Currently my chooks are locked in at 4:15pm

snowdrops

Re: I need to get out more (but only after 4:15pm)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 18:08 »
Yes I found that when I had chickens. It's also what's putting me off having them again now I've got the allotments. I've wondered about 'sharing them' with plot holders near me,2 with children & my plot friend. That way we could take it in turns letting them in & out etc. Need to talk to Devonbarmygardener more,she's in a chicken club.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Mrs Bee

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 18:33 »
We had a ruddy great fox in the garden around 11am, but for a change it wasn't me doing the impersonation of a whirling dervish it was the OH.

It was quite amusing if I hadn't been so cross about the fox.

He ended up standing on the raised border shouting threats and insults at it over the fence.
It is a good job we are on excellent terms with our neighbour and if he is in he joins in.

We tend to plan our outings around the chooks bedtimes in the winter. We no longer let them free range tho' because of the damn foxes. They have a purpose built pergola with an electric fence round it. Cluckingham Palace.

Silkychicks

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 12:20 »
My neighbours take turns in taking care of the chickens: one of them have a little boy who is in love with my cockerel  :lol:

They go in now around 4:30 pm: I'm not even back from word around that time.

My neighbours really enjoy it and it is good for 'bonding' with Truus so he is not just the noisy cockerel..  ;)
The nearest neighbours is helping me out with treating Ad with her bumblefoot: every evening he helps holding her still, checking the changes.

barley

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 17:23 »

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 38 queries.