the price of Growmore

• 19 Replies

Cazzy

Re: the price of Growmore
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 08:59 »
Cazzy as John suggests elsewhere on this site you should go for the roots rather than the seed. It's not very easy to start off from seed if you want the composting variety. I know - I've tried.

Yeah, I'll need to order a root cutting tonight.
What if the Hokey Cokey IS what its all about...

JohnB47

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 14:52 »
Bocking 14 is the variety you want. It has been bred specially to be sterile - i.e. it will not propagate by seed.

Cazzy

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 15:43 »
Bocking 14 is the variety you want. It has been bred specially to be sterile - i.e. it will not propagate by seed.

Thanks JohnB47, just going to have a look for it now, thanks for all the help everyone.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 15:49 »
............just make sure you don't "Spoonerise" the name!!  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

BostonInbred

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 14:32 »
The problem is that there was a world shortage of Ammonium Nitrate last summer, the wholesale price multiplied by ten, and this was compounded by stockbrokers (the same people that brought the credit market down by selling and buying credit default swaps) descending on the Ammonium Nitrate market and trying to make  a killing buy buying all the future production, thus forcing the price up.

Unfortunately, some resources are only in limited places, and a lot of those places are in China, who has decided it wants to use its rare minerals and metals rather than selling them.

Take Perlite. Its made from an ore.  if you wind back the plate tectonics about 600 million years, when the coasts of africa and china were touching, there was a spot where the only source or perlite ore existed. The plates spread, and now there two main sources - yes, China and South Africa. The chinese mine makes 80% of the worlds perlite ore. And last year it closed while they did emergency repairs to stop the mine collapsing, so the worlds supply of ore dropped 80% and thats why now, when all the stored reserves have now been use dup, the price of perlite is about to go through the roof, unless the yget the chines e mine open again pdq.

Btw, ill give you all another tip - theres going to be a peat shortage this year. Stock up early, unless you want to pay through the nose for irish or german peat.

xx
Growmore

Started by monsta on Grow Your Own

33 Replies
Last post March 10, 2010, 21:26
by Salmo
xx
growmore

Started by brianc on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 02, 2015, 13:56
by JayG
xx
Growmore

Started by bluelou on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post April 20, 2010, 21:43
by whistler
xx
Growmore

Started by teflon on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 20, 2009, 20:55
by teflon

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 40 queries.