raspberry

• 5 Replies

redjane11

raspberry
« on: May 26, 2008, 16:30 »
Hello. have some nice Raspbery canes growing but some of the leaves have started to turn yellow, have fed them with fruit food but with no inprovement, any body help please
Adopt a chicken

gobs

raspberry
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 18:34 »
One very likely reason is that they are drying out. The forecast rains should do them good, try to mulch them after a good soaking.

You could also think of gradually move your patch by planting up suckers, if it is too exposed to sun and winds.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

WebSiteEvo

• Experienced Member
  • Growing in North Yorkshire :)
    • Goji Cafe in York
Re: raspberry
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 21:00 »
Quote from: "redjane11"
Hello. have some nice Raspbery canes growing but some of the leaves have started to turn yellow, have fed them with fruit food but with no improvement, any body help please

My raspberries are looking a little crisp and yellow at the top of the canes, I have put this down to the dry conditions. Even the nettles are wilting and grass is going brown. Rain on its way I hope!, missed all of it so far. I have watered them every few days since I noticed and mulched with grass clippings, seems to have helped.
http://www.websiteevo.com/veg_patch.jpg[/img]
3nd Year @ organic vegetable gardening & forest gardening
----------------------------------

Trillium

raspberry
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 21:39 »
Feeding with manure or manure tea is much better than fertilizer. And mulching is definitely a good idea. Once we get our next heavy rain, I'm layering on loads of shredded leaves and straw on top of the manure I've just flung over the plot.

woodburner

raspberry
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 11:52 »
Quote from: "gobs"
One very likely reason is that they are drying out. The forecast rains should do them good, try to mulch them after a good soaking.

You could also think of gradually move your patch by planting up suckers, if it is too exposed to sun and winds.

Lol I was going to suggest the opposite, we have had so much rain even my 3" deep tray is close to overflowing!!

The worst of all is alternating waterlogging and drought. Over time, many plants roots can adapt to one or the other but not both in close succession.
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

gobs

raspberry
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 18:08 »
Quote from: "woodburner"
Quote from: "gobs"

Lol I was going to suggest the opposite, we have had so much rain even my 3" deep tray is close to overflowing!!

The worst of all is alternating waterlogging and drought. Over time, many plants roots can adapt to one or the other but not both in close succession.

Yes, both ends can cause yellowing of leaves, but let's just say, raspberries were very good last season. :D

xx
First raspberry

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post June 09, 2009, 13:47
by sclarke624
xx
raspberry

Started by cAnAry53 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 20, 2012, 20:32
by gobs
xx
Which is the best raspberry?

Started by Goosegirl on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post November 15, 2020, 20:20
by Nobbie
clip
New Raspberry came

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 10, 2015, 20:03
by mdjlucan

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 36 queries.