Cloches

• 4 Replies

alwayshopeful

• Experienced Member
Cloches
« on: August 21, 2008, 21:01 »
Has anyone got any ideas on how to make cheap cloches?  I was using my old dome tent frame last year, but was a wee bit too big!!

Also, being a newbie to growing my own, have no idea what I can plant at this time of year and have a fair bit of bare ground to use.  Cheers Ears  :lol:
I have a pair of secateurs and I'm not afraid to use them!!

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Cloches
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 21:14 »
Have you tried the design and construction section ? there's 1 or 2 ideas on there for cheap or quick cloches.

Try the search facility and change the "forum" to just D&C
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Cloches
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 21:14 »
Not sure about DIY cloches - do you have a Wilkinsons' store, or Poundland (or similar)?  At the right time of year you'll get a bargain there.

Re what to plant at this time of year, have a browse through the other welcome and grow your own posts - there must have been at least 10 threads on this specific subject in the last couple of weeks!!  :)

Also, consider John's book Vegetable Growing Month by Month.  Does what it says on the tin  :wink:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Bombers

Cloches
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 21:24 »
Hiya alwayshopeful,
If like me, you're only going to use them once or twice, then pop into poundland (in the Mander center) they sell 2mtr long polythene cloches, I found them ideal for early lettuces etc.,
P.S. nice to see some local folk, Whereabouts are you in Wolves? Were in Codsall
 8)
Life begins... On the kitchen windowsill.

alwayshopeful

• Experienced Member
Cloches
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 11:15 »
Quote from: "srebmob"
Hiya alwayshopeful,
If like me, you're only going to use them once or twice, then pop into poundland (in the Mander center) they sell 2mtr long polythene cloches, I found them ideal for early lettuces etc.,
P.S. nice to see some local folk, Whereabouts are you in Wolves? Were in Codsall
 8)

Typical, was in Poundland yesterday, but kids were with me n driving me mad so never got a good look round!!  Will go back on my own!

We are in Penn.  Not allotment holders as ye - giving it a go in the garden first to see how I get on.  Not very well at the moment, but always hopeful!!

xx
Cloches

Started by woodsmoke on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 29, 2008, 10:07
by woodsmoke
xx
cloches

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 09, 2009, 09:10
by mumofstig
xx
What to do with cloches?

Started by forester on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post February 10, 2011, 21:17
by TheSpartacat
xx
big cloches...now what???

Started by adri on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 22, 2011, 21:14
by Doddy

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 35 queries.