plug plant size

• 4 Replies

dmg

plug plant size
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:03 »
What is the size you would expect a plug plant to be via mail order? I ordered 24 plug plants from t&m and the 'pots' where only about 1/2 cm wide  and only barely germinated. The worst bit there was only 2 of them alive!

dmg

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: plug plant size
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 10:17 »
This explains the sizes - so it would depend on what size you ordered.
http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Data/Plug%20plants/Plug%20plants.htm

But even the small ones should be alive...complain and you should get replacements.

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 13:02 »
Fatbelly posted a topic on "Chatting on the plot" re- this firm and getting a refund (on page 2 as of today). As I posted in it, I NEVER use T-he-M for that reason. If you ordered plug plants, they should state the size and that's what you should get, plus they should be viable plants. Get some from Jersey Direct and you will be well pleased. I've had begonias from them as well as other items, which came in those little 1cm cells where you push the plant out. You couldn't see the cells for the leaves and even the little "extra ones" you get - most of them survived despite being separated out and potted on. Good value, good quality, good service, good plants. Good luck with your e-mails!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

dmg

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 19:02 »
Thanks for the replies,
I sent an email to them but it can take up to 5 working days to respond. The size of the plug wasn't specified. I am not too bothered as it was one of the offers you just pay p&p and the other part of the order a potato set and a fig tree (large twig) was sent out twice

thanks
dmg

mobilekat

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 23:12 »
I havent used T and M, (and dont think i will ever!!) but have got many plug plants from Suttons this year, and they specify the size of them when you order.
The plants all looked great when they arrived, but some didn't do brilliantly, but I am totally blaming the lovely weather, as nothing has really grown this year!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

xx
Size of plug plants

Started by mumofstig on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post March 27, 2024, 21:24
by New shoot
xx
Disappointing plug plant developments.

Started by Goosegirl on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post July 17, 2023, 13:41
by mrs bouquet
xx
plug plant supplier for bedding plants.

4 Replies
Last post January 23, 2022, 11:46
by Goosegirl
xx
Plug plants

5 Replies
Last post June 07, 2023, 12:48
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 39 queries.