Landmaster 100

• 3 Replies

Baz

Landmaster 100
« on: April 21, 2009, 20:27 »

Just purchased this of a mate who dabbles in such things
He bought it at auction last saturday, found out the engine was a "smoker" so put a B/S engine in he happened to have laying around, and him being him, could not resist the urge to paint it  ::).......I much preferred the original ivory colour, but there

I took it up the "lot" straight away, and am well pleased with its performance, wanted a machine for "between the rows" (my "Rally" rotovator is too wide bodied) and this with its 13" wheel width appears just the job........plus, the shaft with the tines on, seperates, meaning I can stand it in the back of my car, no need for my trailer!

I'm wondering if any of you good folks know when they were produced, or when they ended production??

Thanks
Baz.........
Mostly organic...

dorimower

• Experienced Member
Re: Landmaster 100
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 20:42 »
Hello,
For ref the engine shown on your tiller looks to be a Suffolk cast iron engine, with an ex Atco tank,  rather than a B&S. ..although the engine was, I believe, derived from a B&S if you delve far enough into history.

I am not very familiar with Landmaster types.. however Brian Bells book "70 years of garden machinery" lists the 100 as appearing in 1962...it is mentioned again in a ref to 1968 but by 1971 another range is listed.

All the best,
           "Dori"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 20:44 by dorimower »

Baz

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 21:17 »
Yep, Dori, your right about the engine, thats what my mate said, one of the last iron engines, though to him, its a B/S.......and yep, your right about the tank too

So its a "child of the sixties" ........roughly what I thought.......and reading the  "pdf" manual,  its surprising how many different attachments were available to fit on that shaft.........shall keep an eye on ebay for such things

Thanks much

Celery

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 21:25 »
I was thinking that you should be able to get some different tines for it?
                                                                                                             celery ;)

clip
landmaster 100

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2016, 22:30
by R Tallentire
xx
landmaster 85

Started by derekmc on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 21:41
by derekmc
xx
landmaster cub

Started by ianhatley on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 16, 2014, 20:01
by sten
xx
landmaster 85

Started by derekmac on Equipment Shed

20 Replies
Last post February 23, 2009, 18:27
by dmac

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 35 queries.