Merry Tiller Cadet

• 3 Replies

chippyphillips

Merry Tiller Cadet
« on: March 10, 2015, 18:42 »
Hi everyone i have just joined your forum and was hoping that i might be able to get some help in sourcing a replacement carbuetor for my very old Merry Tiller Cadet Rotorvator it has a Briggs and Stratton 3HP horizontal crankshaft engine which a friend of mine has had running in the last couple of days but the inside of the carb has gone rusty in places and he tells me it needs to be replaced, i have been looking on the internet but to no avail
i have the engine model,type and code numbers but can't find any site or supplier that will let me enter the details.

IF anyone can help or give any advice as what or where to go next it would be much appreciated
many thanks
paul

Model            Type              Code
80202         2235-01        87092803

dorimower

• Experienced Member
Re: Merry Tiller Cadet
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 20:33 »
http://www.briggsbits.co.uk/acatalog/Parts_Lookup_and_Special_Orders.html   I wonder if this page might help.??      It will provide a link to the B&S illustrated parts lists and engine operating manual.      I have ordered from them once in the past few years.

I would also say though that good advice might well be obtained by searching for a local machinery agent in your area rather than online search....if you can find a long established local agent they should stock and/or be able to source B&S parts quite easily.

ATB, "Dori"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 20:34 by dorimower »

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 10:51 »
The carb on the 3hp 80202 engine was the pulsa jet and was alloy, so won't have "gone rusty", though the fuel tank may have. A good clean out should get it running properly again though that tank is a pig to clean. I recon that by 1987 it would be the butterfly choke pulsa-jet carb which lasted well into the last decade on 3.5 and 5hp side valve B & S engines so repairers should still be familiar with them.
R Tallentire

grendel

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 14:02 »
dried out petrol dries to a rusty coloured powder, this can and will block the jets and small ports in a carburettor, I know, I have had to clear it out of a good few, a good cleaning with a spray carburettor cleaner, taking care to blow through all the ports and jets will sometimes sort it out, also check the in tank filter on the fuel tap if it has one, these too can get clogged.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

xx
Merry Tiller Cadet questions

Started by apywell on Equipment Shed

50 Replies
Last post February 13, 2021, 19:45
by jezza
xx
Merry Tiller Cadet / Wizard drive belt probs.

Started by Papworth Cliff on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post February 14, 2016, 19:26
by Papworth Cliff
xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
Merry tiller ?

Started by freyaluck on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post February 24, 2007, 08:54
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 36 queries.