Update from new chooks

• 2 Replies

new chooks

Update from new chooks
« on: January 26, 2008, 19:29 »
Thanks to everyone that gave us advice so far :D   , more is needed if you read on.
Just thought I'd give you an update. The Coop plans arrived yesterday and was built today. We now have a lovely desres for our chooks. Bunny tried out the enclosure and it got the thumbs up. At this point I might ask do rabbits and chix mix? :?   It was built for the chix but seems a lovely big space to let the bunny run, will it get hen pecked?
The idea was to have everything ready and then look around for some chooks but destiny took a hand and we noticed an advert in the local paper free range chooks for £1, just thought I'd give them a call and turned out was the chix farm about 1/4 of a mile away and before I knew it had arranged to pick up 4 in the morn.
He tells us they are 18 months old, didn't ask why he was selling them, not very sensible I know :roll:   , should we be wary, are they maybe ones that don't lay well  
Anyway then it was of to the local animal feed shop where I got totaly ripped off buying the feeder and drinking thing :x   , but had to have them ready for the chooks.
So that's it just waiting for their arrival.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Update from new chooks
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 19:50 »
Let us know what they are like when you get them.  My guess would be not laying.  If so they will come back to lay with good feed and lengthening days  :D

ness

• Experienced Member
Update from new chooks
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 20:44 »
Hi new chooks
Just replied on your other thread about rabbits and chooks - haven't found it a prob mixing them - got 3 chooks and 2 buns who freerange together happily.  They tend not to hang round together but certainly don't
hurt each other.
Maybe try it and if either party totally freak separate them again.
Hope this helps
Ness

xx
Chooks update

Started by GrannieAnnie on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post April 08, 2007, 23:22
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Update on Chooks

Started by betty on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post November 20, 2007, 04:01
by betty
xx
Update on chooks hatched in the week

Started by Nails on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 08, 2010, 12:48
by lisa80
xx
Update on Hunting Dogs Killed My Chooks - NO REPLIES PLEASE

Started by pookey on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post November 12, 2007, 15:08
by DeadlyNightshade

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 35 queries.