Help please what are these??

• 19 Replies

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 21:48 »
This is my third summer growing spuds and I don't think the seed pods mean anything and I go by the state of the leaves and stems.
Cheese makes everything better.

Top Cat

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 11:04 »
Hi
I read this and checked my potatoes and i've lots of these little pods growing, can't say i've ever noticed them in previous years.  Planted wilja second ealries (a bit later than i should have but ..........) had a look underneath this morning  but not much of a crop as yet ????

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 11:31 »
When did you plant your Wilja's TC?  I planted my first earlies on 8th April, and they were 11 weeks old when I dug them as the groudn was waterlogged and hte foliage was looking a bit droopy.  But I got not a bad crop from them. Some biggish, some tiny.  But I think 2nd earlies take a little longer to grow another couple of weeks???

Top Cat

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 12:01 »
Not quite sure I think it was mid/late april (we did get them cheap so I assume they were late going in.  Plenty of flowers on them and they seem really healthy so best keep them under a few more weeks.  Dug two plants up and had 8 med size pots but the  plants had lots of tiny tubers still left on them.......... no patience ha ha

growmore

• http://www.braa.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 01:05 »
I pick the flowers off my potatoes to stop them going to seed (like the above pics) as otherwise the plant is concentrating on producing fruit on the top rather than tubers underneath. Just cos they are seeding doesn't mean its time to pick the spuds. I wait until the foliage starts to die off. You can pick earier you will just get smaller spuds

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 39 queries.