Karcher jet cleaner...

• 4 Replies

Growster...

Karcher jet cleaner...
« on: October 15, 2021, 14:53 »
I've inherited one of these, but the instructions are missing, and while the general idea is clear, I have a query...

We have very old brick paths around 'The Turrets', and they get very slippery during the winter, so I usually salt them for some measure of safety. But does the Karcher attachment which looks like a yellow saucepan lid on a stick, actually dig out the joints between the bricks as well? These joints are sometimes nearly an inch wide as they've spread over the last two-hundred years, but are reasonably level still.

If the jet stops hurting the joints after an inch or two, that won't be a problem, as I'll just sweep the sand back in, but I don't want to have to re-lay them all...

Anyone know the answer please?

jezza

Re: Karcher jet cleaner...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2021, 15:22 »
Hi think that attachment is called the T racer it has  2 jets that spin round,I've seen one in use on flat concrete but never on brick paths,try a small area and see what it does,have you tried Algon path cleaner put it on at 3 pints to a gallon of water preferably with a knapsack sprayer with a large droplet nozzle and leave it for 3 weeks it works on the algae and kills it,I use it on the paths at my local church  this time of year it keep them clear all winter    jezza

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 06:13 »
Hi think that attachment is called the T racer it has  2 jets that spin round,I've seen one in use on flat concrete but never on brick paths,try a small area and see what it does,have you tried Algon path cleaner put it on at 3 pints to a gallon of water preferably with a knapsack sprayer with a large droplet nozzle and leave it for 3 weeks it works on the algae and kills it,I use it on the paths at my local church  this time of year it keep them clear all winter    jezza

Thanks Jezza! Some YouTube flicks show a concrete area getting pretty clean, but like a lot of 'modern' water jettery, the 'force' should dissipate very soon after leaving the nozzles...

You're right about a trial area - if it takes out some of the moss, it'll be an improvement anyway!

My local GC may have some of the Algon, so that's a thought, and certainly going to be less of a pong than another suggestion locally, Jeyes Fluid... :0(...

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 11:39 »
Worzel says that the T-racer is much more gentle than the jet and kinder to the infill.  It also uses much less water and is cleaner to use (little splashing).  It’s his attachment of choice.  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 07:06 »
Thanks Aunty - and Worzel!

I'm pretty sure it is a T - Racer, but there's no ID anywhere on the kit, which is surprising!

I think the actual machine is a K2, so we're getting there...

xx
karcher problems

Started by shaun on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post July 05, 2007, 22:34
by Aunt Sally
xx
Karcher pressure washer leaking

Started by Plottered on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post March 24, 2012, 21:54
by Plottered
xx
Carb jet cleaner

Started by engineer on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post April 22, 2012, 13:23
by grendel

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 40 queries.