Crittall greenhouse, please help with instructions

• 29 Replies

MikeSea

I have just bought my first greenhouse.
Its a Crittall Warmlife 8' by 6' and its in great condition.
I dismantled it over the weekend and took plenty of photographs to help me reassemble it.
Along with the 8 x 6, I also bought a second greenhouse, measuring 8 x 5 ish, which was in effect a'lean to' where the owner had built the greenhouse at the rear of a garage. I think that the owner had cut down another 8 x 6 greenhouse to fit the space at the rear of the garage. I see some mention on line of Crittall Lean To greenhouses - is this correct? Did Crittall manufacture a lean to greenhouse? If you have a Crittall lean to greenhouse, could you send me details of its dimensions and maybe a photo?
Along with each greenhouse was the original Crittall instructions booklet - which will be very helpful when I rebuild the 8 x 6.
Can anyone give me advise on the best type of base for this 8 x 6 greenhouse please?
Many thanks in advance
Mike
Crittall Warmlife 8 x 6.jpg
Crittall Warmlife Lean To.jpg
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 00:34 by MikeSea »

miggs

Re: Crittall Greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:53 »
Good luck with them.

davidwh000

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 15:57 »
Mike

Do you still happen to have copies of the assembly instructions for the Crittal 6 X 8 greenhouse that you could consider emailing or posting for me to use please?

Regards

David

suekoi

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53 »
HI MIKE & ALL
Do you or does anyone still happen to have copies of the assembly instructions for the Crittal 6 X 8 - 6 x 7 greenhouse that you could consider emailing or posting for me to use please?
Many thanks
A very stuck Sue who is unable to reconstruct this green house.
Many thanks

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 14:58 »
I searched the web everywhere Sue and the manuals are like hens teeth  :(

I've put my 8x10 Crittal together recently and looking at the pictures posted of the smaller sizes they go together much the same way. Post what you're stuck on and we'll try and help.

kzinis

Crittall greenhouse, please help with instructions
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 21:30 »
Hi,

I have a Crittal 6 x 8 that I bought used. It has no instructions and parts may be missing.

Not sure how the horizontal support fits together, this is one on outer edge where roof meets the side wall.

Also, how are glass pieces held in place are there clips and or gaskets mine has none.

Can anyone supply me with instructions?

Thanks,

Ken Zinis

Pennsylvania USA

Lardman

Re: Crittall greenhouse, please help with instructions
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 22:15 »
The instructions don't appear to have made it to the web as the company doesn't exist any more.  The glazing clips on mine are these http://www.allotment-garden.org/store/equipment/band-clips-pack-of-25 the rubbers are round 4mm http://www.greenhousewarehouse.com/sp-rubber-crittall-round-glazing-gasket-%284mm-diameter%29.html

Im not sure exactly from your description which supports you're struggling with but if you need I can grab you some pictures of my 8x10' tomorrow.

kzinis

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 00:55 »
The instructions don't appear to have made it to the web as the company doesn't exist any more.  The glazing clips on mine are these http://www.allotment-garden.org/store/equipment/band-clips-pack-of-25 the rubbers are round 4mm http://www.greenhousewarehouse.com/sp-rubber-crittall-round-glazing-gasket-%284mm-diameter%29.html

Im not sure exactly from your description which supports you're struggling with but if you need I can grab you some pictures of my 8x10' tomorrow.

Thanks Lardman, that was quick! I figured the support question, I'm good, cheers.

kzinis

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 00:40 »
How much gasket material is required per 24 x24 inch glass panel?

Thanks,

Ken

Lardman

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 09:55 »
How much gasket material is required per 24 x24 inch glass panel?

You need to put a strip down each vertical bar.  There should be a 4mm channel down each side, you'll need to fill the entire length.  ( See image )

If the height of your greenhouse side is 48" and you have 5 vertical bars, you'll need 8 lengths of 48" ( 32' ) repeat for the other side, 2 ends and the roof.
gh_rubber.jpg

kzinis

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 00:15 »
Thank you for the info about gaskets.

My door is incomplete and not certain how to assemble, it appears that there isn't any means to attach 3 horizontal cross pieces to what I think are the 2 vertical frame door pieces. It appears that brackets, etc are missing to join these pieces. Do you have any photos or advice on this question ?

Pictures below show how I think door goes together. Are there threaded rods missing, 2/cross piece, to hold the frame together? The holes in verticals match the grooves(~half circle recesses) in cross bars.

Thanks

Ken
photo 2(1).JPG
photo 1(3).JPG
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:48 by kzinis »

Lardman

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 09:27 »
Ah yes the door - source of much Anglo Saxon here.

You should have 12 self tapping pan head screws which pass from the outside of the vertical bars into the horizontal bar channels as you've noted.  I think they were about 2" long with a wide thread all are the same, if you don't have them I can unscrew one and take some measurements for you.

Check you have the verticals and horizontals the right way round, the "lip" should also face down on the bottom rail as it runs in the channel on the outside of the frame to keep the door vertical.
gh_door_screws.jpg

kzinis

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 01:20 »

You should have 12 self tapping pan head screws which pass from the outside of the vertical bars into the horizontal bar channels as you've noted.  I think they were about 2" long with a wide thread all are the same, if you don't have them I can unscrew one and take some measurements for you.

Check you have the verticals and horizontals the right way round, the "lip" should also face down on the bottom rail as it runs in the channel on the outside of the frame to keep the door vertical.

Super, I appreciate the guidance and the photo too. Thanks mate!

kzinis

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 13:42 »

Super, I appreciate the guidance and the photo too. Thanks mate!

Hi, I have door assembled, I think it's correct. Not sure what vent piece should look like or where it installs, side far end? Dimensions of what I assembled appear to fit in end at center near top under triangle. Any pictures of vent or more vent advice?
Also, my door is missing it's rollers, any pictures/dimensions of these so I can improvise?

Thank you,

Ken

edit to clarify quotes
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 15:51 by mumofstig »

Lardman

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 19:17 »
Not sure what vent piece should look like or where it installs, side far end?

By vent do you mean louvres or the opening windows ? I have the louvres on the side at the top.  <see image> but It could go anywhere - although I found low down it caused some problems early in the season with cold and the plants.

Also, my door is missing it's rollers, any pictures/dimensions of these so I can improvise?

You're going to be a bit stuck without door wheels - It's the sort of thing you can get ' sort of ' right if it ever stops raining here  ::) I'll drop the door off take some measurements for you.

Are you in the UK Ken ? It would help if we post links to parts for you.
greenhouse_assembled.JPG

xx
Crittall greenhouse

Started by Mother Natures Son on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 17:25
by Axe
xx
crittall greenhouse

Started by piet87 on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post January 28, 2010, 12:51
by addedvalue1
clip
Crittall Greenhouse door seal

Started by igger21 on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2019, 19:50
by igger21
clip
Crittall greenhouse door seal and gutter waterbutt diversion kit

Started by Ashashash on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post June 04, 2020, 11:54
by Ashashash

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 54 queries.