Lunch for one

• 6 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Lunch for one
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:38 »
Over the years I have gone through phases of eating the same thing day after day while on my own, and sometimes they are not really traditional snacks, like strawberry jam on cheese scones or marmite butties, beetroot sanwich. Can't think of anything now but things I wouldn't dream of offering the OH.

Today it was a bowl of freshly picked French and runner beans (couldn't decide) with skordalia (Greek garlic sauce) made from left over taters and fresh, strong garlic. He'll love me when he gets home.

What do you have when on your own?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Lunch for one
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 15:41 »
I rarelt get the luxury of being on my own, but when I visit family and friends in Kent, I am usually out to lunch with said family and friends.

On those days though, when I get back to my daughter's and I'm on my own, I will just have my bulgur wheat and veg or a salad.  boring eh?  lol

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 16:15 »
I have a lump of meat/fish. I live with a vegetarian and we like eating together. Meat's now what it should be in my book, a luxury. :)

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 18:51 »
Usually something very spicy,as OH doesn't like spicy food these days, or a boiled egg & soldiers :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

wighty

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 19:50 »
cheese and pickled onion sandwich with mayo.  The more onion the better, other than that marmite on a crust spread thickly and the butter even thicker, real comfort food..  Beetroot and salad cream sandwich, (mayo no good there has to be salad cream to get the vinegar kick). Just beginning to get a theme going there, no wonder I could potty train my younger daughter (sorry to embarrass you Bear) as I got better results with the promise of a pickled onion or some red cabbage than some smarties.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 05:28 »
Beetroot, cream cheese and chives on crusty fresh bread. The beetroot always manages to migrate to my t-shirt.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:35 »
Mrs Growster has gone off pasta for various reasons, but I just love penne and either pesto (home grown rocket), or cheapo Twongos tomato pasta sauce, (which is incredible value), and some grated Parmagiano!

Two ounces of dried pasta is usually enough for me, but at this time of year, we also pop in a few courgettes, peas etc, as they're beginning to take over...;0)

xx
Lunch

Started by compostqueen on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post October 06, 2008, 16:35
by amandaandherveg
xx
Did lunch go well?

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

14 Replies
Last post December 29, 2009, 16:48
by wighty
xx
What are you having for lunch... Sunday??

Started by Alex 98 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post May 27, 2008, 17:50
by Novice
xx
Share Lunch

Started by Eblana on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post February 23, 2016, 16:05
by Snoop

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 35 queries.