new brooder with pics

• 14 Replies

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
new brooder with pics
« on: May 30, 2010, 22:21 »

didn't think my brooder was quite suitable so we made another one today it is also bigger as them chick crumbs must has something in them as they seem to get bigger every morning.
1 dog -Chloe 1 cat - Oscar 2 hamsters - Flo and Tinkerbell 3 ferrets - Charlie, chip and rupert 3 light sussex - Madge, Henrietta and lucy-lou 2 black rocks - Peggy and Betty 1 puppy on the way i'm not mad i'm in love. :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: new brooder with pics
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 22:26 »
That's more like it!!!!!     :D :D :D   Brilliant!

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 22:27 »
lol thanks i just send you a pm to see what you thought. glad you approve. thanks for the advice.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 22:35 »
LOL, and I just replied to your PM!  :D

See how much more room they have to run around and be chicks?  Mind you, they'll outgrow that one soon too!   ???

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 22:39 »
there only with us for a week and a half. so i'm hopeing it will last till then. they do seem to be growing really fast tho. it's funny how they do the same things as the big chooks. like walking up to each other flapping their wings at each other. i could watch them all day.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 22:41 »
I know, fascinating aren't they?  And they instinctively know how to scratch and dustbathe.  Nature is a wonderful thing.  All that coming out of an ordinary egg after only 3 weeks.

I still look at the little chicks and think what a little miracle!

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 22:47 »
it is amazing thats the only way to put it. should i put something in for them to dustbathe if yes what? they are 1 1/2 weeks old now. is there anything else i should be doing as this is the first time we've had chicks in the house.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 22:50 »
By the time they are 3-4 days old mine have shavings in their brooder box.  They try to dustbathe in them!   :D :D  but apart from that, no, just their food and water and warmth, they are a bit young yet for the occasional treat of chickweed which is what I start them on just a little bit at about 3 weeks.

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 22:55 »
i will pop a few shavings in then i just have newspaper and cloths that weren't slippery. trying to make it a bit easier to clean. they will be going when they are 3 weeks old so i will let the guy know to give them a little bit now and again. sorry if this is a silly question but where do you get chickweed from?

dizzylizzie

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 12:39 »
Katie, thats fab hunny, well done :D

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 18:07 »
thanks i am quite pleased with it if i do say so myself. lol :) :) :) :)

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 09:33 »
Looks great Kate, the chicks have taken over my back room now, i have 3 brooders in there, 2 with heat and one without, i now have 3 inncy's going as well, i now also have a cage for the ducks in there as well. i will have to take some pictures. They have taken over my life and we have only had chooks for a year!
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 10:39 »
i would love to hatch some eggs. Problem is i couldnt deal with the inevitable cockrels. And id love some ducks. Id actually love 1 of everything. Maybe a zoo. :tongue2:

dizzylizzie

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 12:55 »
Nah....you need 2 of everything Katie so they dont get lonely My poor Turkey girl was really lonely....i think she has some sort of an attachment disorder poor love, we have had to source a mate for her so hopefully in 2 weeks she will have a friend. I have learnt a lesson though and would never have 1 of anything again (apart from hubby's....1 is more than enough for me :D).

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 13:01 »
Nah....you need 2 of everything Katie so they dont get lonely My poor Turkey girl was really lonely....i think she has some sort of an attachment disorder poor love, we have had to source a mate for her so hopefully in 2 weeks she will have a friend. I have learnt a lesson though and would never have 1 of anything again (apart from hubby's....1 is more than enough for me :D).

:lol: :lol: :lol: one man is defintaley enough to live with :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

xx
Posh brooder

Started by JaK on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post July 19, 2011, 21:14
by trinamc
xx
pics of my chooks (now with pics)

Started by k4t1e195 on Chicken Chat

18 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 10:28
by Flowerpower136
xx
Anyone want to see my pics?? big ones ;(

Started by Chookiechook on Chicken Chat

14 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 19:57
by Chookiechook
xx
A few pics...

Started by min200 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post August 20, 2011, 21:10
by New shoot

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 29 queries.