New Run and Coop

• 3 Replies

stujem

New Run and Coop
« on: April 09, 2011, 21:32 »
Hello everyone, I have built a new run and coop house for my 3 chickens, does anyone know how can I get them to use the new coop house, I placed there food etc in there new run an hour before they normally go to bed. I did try by putting them on there new perch as they would not go in by themselves and it was getting dark. They started pecking the door to come back out, so I had to put them back in there old run and they all went to bed as normal. Can anyone offer any help on how I can get them to use the new coop house.
Stu

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: New Run and Coop
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 21:41 »
when they go into the old coop wait until they are sleepy then transfer them to the new one. Remove the old coop from site and keep them shut in the new run ignoring any please to come out, they will get used to it  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

stujem

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 22:03 »
Thank you Joyfull, I can't really remove there old coop and run, but I could cover it up. I want to get 3-4 more chickens so what I did with there new coop house is to blank off one side ready for the new hens, and I was going to corner off one part of the run with chicken wire so that the older chickens get used to the new ones while the new and older chickens are in the same run.  Do you think I should keep my older ones in there old coop for now until they get used to seeing each other while the new one are in the new run.

izzy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 16:47 »
make life easy for yourself and put the new chickens in the new coop. Probably a good idea anyhow as you won't have to clean everything just incase of infections.

xx
who to buy your coop from

Started by Bogof on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post March 27, 2010, 19:03
by Bogof
xx
New Coop

Started by Thatcherschild on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 13, 2011, 22:55
by emmaellis
xx
Just got a coop, now what.....?!?!

Started by wellies101 on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post October 12, 2009, 22:14
by wellies101
xx
GOT MY COOP!!....now what?

Started by mickwood on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 11, 2008, 22:33
by mickwood

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 36 queries.