The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!

• 4196 Replies

Dabhand

Re: The Daily Funny - Give us a Laugh!
« Reply #3300 on: February 16, 2016, 12:26 »
I went to visit my friend the other day.... She has got two new dogs... "ooh what lovely dogs" says I.. "what are their names?".... "Timex and Rolex" says she..... "What unusual names" Says I... "not really" Says she..."they are Watch Dogs" !!!!!

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3301 on: February 16, 2016, 13:02 »
:lol:

Hands up who got caught out by that number 3 (and then read the final line) of oakridge's post?  :blush: :lol:

Oops  :tongue2:
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Snoop

« Reply #3302 on: February 16, 2016, 13:40 »
Loved that joke, dabhand. Thanks.

oakridge

« Reply #3303 on: February 16, 2016, 19:50 »
Random thoughts as we age:

- The biggest lie I tell myself is..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

- Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes and come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller!

- Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!

- I don't trip over things, I do random gravity checks!

- I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off!

- Old age is coming at a really bad time!

- Lord grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the friends to post my bail when I finally snap!

- I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights"--I'm just very wise.

- Teach your daughter how to shoot, because a restraining order is just a piece of paper!

- If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would've put them on my knees.

- The kids text me "plz" which is shorter than please. I text back "no"--which is shorter than "yes".

- I'm going to retire and live off of my savings. Not sure what I'll do that second week.

- When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"???

- Even duct tape can't fix stupid-- but it can muffle the sound!

- Why do I have to press one for English when you're just gonna transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?

- Of course I talk to myself-- sometimes I need expert advice!

- Oops! Did I roll my eyes out loud?

- At my age "Getting lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.

- And, of course ... Have I sent this to you already or did you send this to me?

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #3304 on: February 18, 2016, 11:37 »
Thank you Oakridge for posting, brilliant!

Quite a few there that caught the eye, particularly the one about anger management!

Going back to the earlier post , yes I did try it and why is it rude?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:40 by Tenhens »
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

oakridge

« Reply #3305 on: February 18, 2016, 19:28 »
Old age is definitely creeping up on me.  Did I say one was rude, I can't remember?

Any road up, as they say, I thought I would share this important information with you:

The Darwin Awards

1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked...

2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine and, after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.

6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15. (If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?)

7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinderblock through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinderblock and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinderblock bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."

9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan, at 5 a.m., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges, saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.

Tenhens

« Reply #3306 on: February 18, 2016, 22:00 »
Regarding my earlier post ( 3304 ) I was referring to Oakridge's  post about  'Impossibilities in the World' . I tried no 3 , entering into the spirit of these things and all that.  Why is poking your tongue out considered rude?

Doing the rounds on Facebook is a sign on the Devon/ Cornwall border

cornwall sighn.jpeg
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 22:03 by Tenhens »

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3307 on: February 18, 2016, 22:18 »
Thank you Oakridge for posting, brilliant!

Quite a few there that caught the eye, particularly the one about anger management!

Going back to the earlier post , yes I did try it and why is it rude?

Did I say one was rude, I can't remember?

Regarding my earlier post ( 3304 ) I was referring to Oakridge's  post about  'Impossibilities in the World' . I tried no 3 , entering into the spirit of these things and all that.  Why is poking your tongue out considered rude?

Nobody said anything was rude  :)

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Goosegirl

« Reply #3308 on: February 19, 2016, 11:43 »
Oakridge - "I don't have gray hair. I have "wisdom highlights"--I'm just very wise" - means my IQ is about 230!!!  :lol: :lol: Love it!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

oakridge

« Reply #3309 on: February 19, 2016, 12:17 »
Thank you all for your comments, but you do realise that such thanks will only make me send even more.

Tenhens

« Reply #3310 on: February 19, 2016, 12:28 »
Where do you find them?

The first 'item' on your Darwin awards reminded me of Tom and Jerry. Thank you.

oakridge

« Reply #3311 on: February 19, 2016, 13:33 »
"Where do you find them?"  What an interesting question.  They come from another forum with a small quantity of other stuff that interests me but surrounded by tons and tons of dross.  I think it preferable that I just continue doing the filtering.

And another...

Jewish Mother gets her priorities right

The year is 2020 and the United States has elected the first woman as well is the first Jewish president, Susan Goldstein. She calls up her mother a few weeks after Election Day and says,

"So, Mom, I assume you'll be coming to my inauguration?"

"I don't think so. It's a ten hour drive, your father isn't as young as he used to be, and my arthritis is acting up again."

"Don't worry about it Mom, I'll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home ... And a limousine will pick you up at your door."

"I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy-schmantzy, what on earth would I wear?"

Susan replies, "I'll make sure you have a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in New York."

"Honey," Mom complains, "you know I can't eat those rich foods you and your friends like to eat."

The President-to-be responds, "Don't worry Mom. The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in New York ; kosher all the way. Mom, I really want you to come."

So Mom reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2021, Susan Goldstein is being sworn in as President of the United States. In the front row sits the new President's mother, who leans over to a senator sitting next to her and says,

"You see that woman over there with her hand on the Torah, becoming President of the United States??"

The Senator whispers back, "Yes, I do."

Mom says proudly, "Her brother is a doctor."

oakridge

« Reply #3312 on: February 21, 2016, 19:32 »
I have a feeling this one, or variations thereon, may be well known.  Anyway....

A New York attorney representing a wealthy art collector called and asked to speak to his client. "Sam, I have some good news and, I have some bad news."

The art collector replied, "I've had an awful day; let's hear the good news first."

The lawyer said, "Well, I met with your wife today, and she informed me that she invested $5,000 in two pictures that she thinks will bring a minimum of $15-20 million. I think she could be right."

Sam replied enthusiastically, "Well done! My wife is a brilliant businesswoman! You've just made my day. Now I know I can handle the bad news. What is it?"

The lawyer replied, "The pictures are of you with your secretary."

Plotmaster

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3313 on: February 25, 2016, 07:21 »
Saw this on Facebook thought I would share here
Death Star Gardening.jpg

Snoop

« Reply #3314 on: February 25, 2016, 07:56 »
Very good!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

xx
give us our daily bread

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

18 Replies
Last post March 13, 2022, 09:54
by lettice
xx
Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post December 31, 2017, 19:23
by Christine
xx
laugh or cry .... you decide.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

45 Replies
Last post January 16, 2019, 13:26
by Goosegirl
xx
A funny mis-read.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post November 03, 2023, 17:44
by wighty

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 55 queries.