Project New Shed

• 4 Replies

black diamond

Project New Shed
« on: March 23, 2011, 20:30 »
Having had condensation problems with my metal shed I have decided to build a new one.
So started last weekend by taking down the old shed,moved everything out into greenhouses and garage.

Now the shed is down I an going to move the greenhouses where the water buts are so they are side by side,the sun will then cross them from the side as I thought if I built the new shed where the old one was it will shade them to much.The panels from the shed are going to be reused by my brother in law to cover his his roof over part of his patio.Have made some plans for the new shed,first I am going to move the water buts will empty one into an old bin then move them one at a time to the otherside of the garden so I will not waste the water.Will post some more photo's on how I get on later if thats Ok

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
Re: Project New Shed
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 20:48 »
looks good

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 21:09 »
We always like a good nosy as to what people are doing, particularly when there are pix  :D Looks like a big job ahead. I've done my water butts in a similar style but they sit upright rather than on their sides.

black diamond

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 20:59 »

Moved the water buts this weekend and put them all in a line,also lifted them up by half a railway sleeper so watering can fits underneath the tap.Also put some braces on the uprights and across to stop them moving.

Next job was taking the glass out of greenhouse ready to move across,not so easy as I forgot put brush through side panels a while ago and made tempory repair with silecon ok at the time but not when you want to get it out.

The frame of greenhouse is going to need a good clean

Was going to move the frame till I tried to get the screws out of the base holding it down,could not get screwdriver under the frame and could not get grip of small screwdriver,so going to drill the tops off with steel bit.

black diamond

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 19:58 »

Have moved both the greenhouses to were the shed was,left space all round and bolted the two together to add a bit more strengh.Now I have to move the electric cables so one is in the greenhouse,and the other one comes up were the shed will be.Have cleaned all the overlaps of the glass when I put them back so only have to wash the outsides now.To move the frames I put two bits of wood through the centre panels of the frame put them on my shoulders and lifted the whole thing and walked them across.

xx
My project and its progress - Pallet shed

Started by stickmeup on Design and Construction

32 Replies
Last post August 30, 2013, 08:56
by stickmeup
xx
sparkyrog's project

Started by Sparkyrog on Design and Construction

31 Replies
Last post August 24, 2013, 20:03
by Sparkyrog
clip
Project 2 Extractor fan

Started by Aidy on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post January 19, 2021, 20:15
by Aidy
xx
first pallet project

Started by daveinmanc on Design and Construction

13 Replies
Last post January 11, 2008, 16:52
by daveinmanc

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 35 queries.