Covid booster

• 75 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Covid booster
« on: October 21, 2021, 09:46 »
We had our booster shots yesterday. Must admit, my arm aches and I feel a bit fuzzy - which may just be due to lack of sleep as the arm kept waking me. Still, good to know our immunity will be going back up. After doing so well since this started, Wales seems to be the plague hotspot at the moment. That's despite fairly good adherence to social distancing and mask wearing.

A younger couple we know recently had it and were pretty rough for 3 days. As we're 25 years older than them, we would be bound to be worse. I reckon an achy breaky arm isn't a high price to pay!

GraciesGran

Re: Covid booster
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 11:19 »
Husband has his booked for next week.  Will have to wait till November for mine. 

We're still wearing masks and avoiding crowded places as much as possible, surprising how many people have abandoned masks and thrown common sense out with the bath water

This isn't going to go away anytime yet and we need to adapt to live with it

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:31 »
I've had the NHS letter and email telling me to book mine, but nearest bookable sites are miles away, so as a non-driver  :wacko:
Local group practise was quick off the mark last time, but not this time, it seems - there's talk of doing flue and Covid boosters at the same time, so perhaps that needs more organisation.
Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer then, for mine.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 12:07 »
I've had the NHS letter and email telling me to book mine, but nearest bookable sites are miles away, so as a non-driver  :wacko:
Local group practise was quick off the mark last time, but not this time, it seems - there's talk of doing flue and Covid boosters at the same time, so perhaps that needs more organisation.

Just a thought, but if you have a friend that is also planning to get a booster, can you and your friend book your boosters on the same day, same place?  Maybe you can take your friend to lunch!
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 13:56 »
we should be getting notification of our booster anytime now and yes people round here do seem to be very lackadaisical wearing masks and social distancing there attitude is that things are getting better and all the reports that covid is on the increase round here falls on deaf ears

although Northamptonshire has one of the highest case rates of reported  covid it hasn't registered here I'm afraid despite the NHS warnings how things could get far worse  come the winter months my take is its always best to be safe than sorry and some could regret taking that advise when its to late  :(

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 18:19 »
I think it's pretty inevitable now that we will all be exposed to it. Even those of us who play it safe can slip up. So, without a vaccine older people are risking a spell in hospital, possibly ICU and possibly a visit to the grave. Even vaccinated you can be seriously ill - but it's all chance. Let's load the dice in our favour.

Incidentally, now the summer is over I'd suggest taking Vitamin D supplements. They improve immune response and are very cheap. We actually take a high dose with Vitamin K2 (Not to be confused with the mountain) and zinc.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 19:06 »
Mine is booked in for 8th November (Hi everyone still here  ;)) Hoping like the first n second jab I will have zero effect.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 21:03 »
You’ve beaten me by a day, Aidy.  Mines on the 9th.  :lol:

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 22:04 »
Just had a text today saying to book up for booster. Interesting that it says make sure it is 7 days away from any other jab. ( eg the flu I have booked for next week )
Having worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 40 years I am very impressed by the speed of production of the vaccines and their regulatory approval. I struggle to understand those who don’t recognise the fantastic work by our scientists and Drs in creating these vaccines for our protection. HH
Keep digging

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2021, 09:31 »
Having worked in the pharmaceutical industry for 40 years I am very impressed by the speed of production of the vaccines and their regulatory approval. I struggle to understand those who don’t recognise the fantastic work by our scientists and Drs in creating these vaccines for our protection. HH
I couldn't agree more. And not to forget the volunteers who tested the various vaccinations.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2021, 10:05 »
Yes, it took just a bit longer  :D
I received a letter from the surgery this morning (last time it was a phone call) asking me to ring their dedicated phone no, to arrange flue jab and Covid jab at the same time - if I want that as well .

rowlandwells

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2021, 11:32 »
is this covid thing ever going to go away I ask myself and I am of the opinion that unless it can be determined  how it started we will never never find a cure

questions need to be asked to those where it all started  forget about upsetting anyone  because  questions need to be asked and if its proven to be human error then those people and countries need to be brought to account

it is very frightening to think this pandemic can wipe out so many people in such a short period of time all over the world  and at the same time stretching  our NHS in this country to breaking point effecting us all both fisically and mentally

Growster...

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2021, 11:40 »
I met a chum in the village who told me that she had had a call, and was being driven over by a chum. She was then going to suggest that the chum was seen to as well, so hopefully all well and good!

So I rang a friend at our surgery, and we were exactly six months after the second jab, so we're in for one next Friday 29th in Highgate.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2021, 12:18 »
Had mine this morning at 9am.  It was Phizer, the last two were Astra-Venica.    Cannot I comment yet, as I only has 3 hours sleep last night, and I am always cold anyway.  Off now for a sleep with C/H on.    Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

MrsPea

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2021, 16:08 »
We've got ours next Thursday  :)
I Love my green house

xx
Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

Started by Subversive_plot on Chatting on the Plot

115 Replies
Last post May 30, 2021, 13:39
by Aunt Sally
xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John
xx
Covid-19 Scam

Started by Blewit on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 14:31
by jezza
xx
Have the swallows got Covid 19?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post May 16, 2020, 13:52
by wighty

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 55 queries.