Garden Hoses ?

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Garden Hoses ?
« on: April 11, 2020, 15:50 »
I have decided my hoselock yellow one has to be replaced.   But what with  ??  I have been looking on-line at the flat ones that roll up very small.   Also the wrinkly looking ones that expand as the water goes through and then shrink back when finished.    Do you have either of these, or know anybody who has, I cannot find reviews and so will have to rely on you.    All comments appreciated.     regards   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Garden Hoses ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 16:19 »
My neighbours have very obligingly but unintentionally done a bit of research for you Mrs.B!

The 'wrinkly' one quickly developed leaks, the coiled-up type kept breaking the tap connection as they had to pull it very hard to get it to uncoil far enough to be able to use it (also made it tiring to use.)

My newest hose is a no-gimmicks 1/2" standard tubular hose which is said to resist kinking when twisted - it's in its 3rd year now and no problems (and no kinking either!) I keep it laid along the edge of the garden all summer, but it shows no signs of deterioration.
Bit more expensive than standard green braided hose, but worth it I reckon.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/fitt-50m-heavy-braided-nts-wintech-hose/6545j

(Now, if you can recommend hozelock-type end connectors that last more than 1 season and fit all spray nozzles without coming apart and drenching you when you turn the tap on, please let me know!)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Charlibp

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 18:44 »
I tried the wrinkled hose and it was rubbish, it was so bad I returned it an got a refund as it was not fit for purpose. I would stick to the standard hoses from now on.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 20:01 »
Thanks for your replies,  no contest then. :D  Appreciate it,   Mrs Bouquet

jezza

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 20:22 »
Hello  a standard hoze lock hose try Garden4 less theyre hozelock dealers and have good deals on 

LandShark

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 20:58 »
And another reason not to buy a wrinkly hose is that it you break any of the fittings you can't get replacements!
I'm still using a Gardena Anti-kink  hose I got 20+ year's ago.

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 07:55 »
I like Gardena for fittings, I’ve had some of mine over 20 years,but not sure if they still exist as I’ve not seen them in shops for a while. As for hoses I’ve got a standard anti kink one on a roll at the top of the garden that is about 5 years old & is fine. I’ve also got a wrinkly one near the house so I can water the tubs on the patio, it was new last year & is good so far but it takes a while to let all the water out once you switch the tap off for storage, hubby has the same but shorter in the garage to attach to the jet washer & his is older & still ok. I once had one of those flat ones & didn’t rate it, it kinked dreadfully & once a nightmare to re roll trying to get the water out.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Expanding hoses

Started by jaydig on Equipment Shed

14 Replies
Last post July 11, 2022, 22:42
by Aunt Sally
xx
Butts and soaker hoses

Started by slow_worm on Equipment Shed

19 Replies
Last post May 08, 2007, 22:21
by slow_worm
xx
Garden shredders

Started by Aidy on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post January 20, 2015, 09:39
by Aidy
xx
Garden Trolley

Started by trev_pulsecity on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2011, 12:44
by trev_pulsecity

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 47 queries.