EGO grass trimmers

• 2 Replies

clarets7

EGO grass trimmers
« on: January 23, 2020, 09:17 »
Hi, has anybody on here any experience with these?  I was thinking of getting the ST1510 kit to replace my 10+ year old JCB strimmer.  Just really for keeping the grass down in some of the more awkward areas on the slopes and around the trees.

clarets7

Re: EGO grass trimmers
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 16:31 »
Well, I decided to buy one anyway, arrived lunchtime.  Seems very well packed, instructions clear and not much assembly.  Came with 2.5Ah battery and standard charger, ready fitted with their own twist line.  Gave it a quick try in the garden this afternoon, and first impressions were very good.  It's well balanced and the length was fine for me (6'1" tall), cut through wet grass with ease so tried it on some rougher stuff, it didn't seem to have any problem with that, even the brambles.  Overall I'd say it was more powerful than I was expecting, probably more so even than my old petrol machine, and certainly so much easier and quieter.  I'll be using it in anger this weekend so we'll see if I feel the same after that.

clarets7

Re: EGO grass trimmers
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 17:14 »
Well, been a while but because of the weather only really used this in earnest during the last week.  I'm impressed, it's as good as I hoped for.  Cuts through very rough grass and new brambles with ease, and no messing with anything, pick it up and go.  It's quiet, no need for my ear defenders anymore.  Battery doesn't last that long in those conditions, but to be honest I don't want to strim for more than 30 minutes at a time.
The line has broken off once so I was left with just one, but easy to take off the head, remove the line completely, and then the best part - you put the head back on, re-thread the line straight through the head so you've got an equal length either side, press a button and it winds it in for you!  Definitely the best strimmer/brushcutter I've ever bought!

xx
Cordless hedge trimmers

Started by Celtic Eagle on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 09, 2010, 18:27
by JayG
xx
Hedge trimmers and strimmers

Started by Lardman on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post March 14, 2012, 10:39
by Lardman
xx
Petrol-engined hedge trimmers

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post June 11, 2016, 20:27
by AlaninCarlisle
xx
Ryobi RYBRPT400 Long reach trimmers

Started by Lardman on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post March 21, 2012, 18:16
by Lardman

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 41 queries.