Confusing Wilkinson's

• 7 Replies

miggs

Confusing Wilkinson's
« on: January 31, 2014, 16:16 »
Poppped into Wilks earlier to see if they had any plants/trees etc, you know the usual stuff. As I am after Raspberries thats where I started first and then confusion set in.
They had a box with one Raspberry plant in priced at £2.50p, not bad I thought. Then I spotted another box with 3 Raspberry plants in, priced at £3. Does not make sense.
They also had lots and lots of seed Potato's in, but they all looked very small.

sarajane

Re: Confusing Wilkinson's
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 19:52 »
Look in the pack and see what condition they are in,  I find Wilkinsons don't seem to look after and water their plants but you may get lucky and find some recently delivered canes.

miggs

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 20:09 »
Look in the pack and see what condition they are in,  I find Wilkinsons don't seem to look after and water their plants but you may get lucky and find some recently delivered canes.
Thats the first thing I did, cos I know what you mean about the condition of Wliks plants. As you say they must have been recently delivered. I would have bought a couple of them, but at the moment they would not grow in the swamp, sorry I mean allotment.

splash101

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 18:12 »
I bought one of the packs with 3 in it a couple of years ago.

Its still alive and we've had fruit both years, not much the first year but alot more the 2nd year.

When I bought it I could see there were a couple of green bits growing but they normally all look like dead twigs.

miggs

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 18:29 »
The single plant in the box had one healthy looking leaf. The box with 3 plants in had one with a healthy looking leaf, the 2 other plants looked like dead twiggs. Might pop back in a couple of days to have another look.

splash101

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 22:58 »
I went back a couple of times before I purchased, the pouch of soil they were in were really dried out and dust like.
Dont need them dead before I put my death grip on them  :nowink:

sarajane

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 21:36 »
Don't know if you have an Aldi close to you but today ours had 3 raspberry canes for £2.49 and they looked healthy.

I don't need them but bough a pack of 3 Ben Nevis blackberries for £2.49 instead.  Going to have to put them in pots at the moment though (rather OH is when I'm at work tomorrow) as not sure where I can put them on the plot.

miggs

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 21:42 »
Don't know if you have an Aldi close to you but today ours had 3 raspberry canes for £2.49 and they looked healthy.

I don't need them but bough a pack of 3 Ben Nevis blackberries for £2.49 instead.  Going to have to put them in pots at the moment though (rather OH is when I'm at work tomorrow) as not sure where I can put them on the plot.
Yes, we have an Aldi, we do our shopping there. Will go there on Tuesday (off work for job interview) and have a look.

xx
20% Off At Wilkinson

Started by Gandan57 on Frugal Living

6 Replies
Last post March 15, 2011, 18:43
by digalotty
xx
75% off wilkinson seeds.

Started by SAMANTHA MOLLY on Frugal Living

7 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 22:09
by marrow
xx
Wilkinson Bargains

Started by Chaz1985 on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post October 13, 2014, 18:29
by ghost61
xx
John Innes at Wilkinson 2 for £4

Started by johnny5 on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post February 05, 2012, 17:14
by johnny5

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 38 queries.