One of those days...

• 9 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
One of those days...
« on: November 18, 2020, 19:36 »
You know the ones  ::)

I was pruning a large shrub on the site boundary next to my plot and it was a tangle of branches.  I was cutting through some to get to others.  Then I obviously released a branch that had been pinned by others and it sprung back and hit my forehead.  Now got lump and bruise on head.

Then when I got home I did some cutting back of garden plants and filled a couple of bags of green waste to take to the plot compost heaps.  Managed to get massive splinter in hand from raised bed edging, so pulled this out and turned the air a bit blue as it really hurt.

Then I decided to clean out the chickens and discovered they had managed to push the door of the coop to one side and the nut had unscrewed off the bolt that holds it in place.  I went through the bedding - no nut.  They were watching from outside the run with interest, but denied all knowledge.  Finally found a replacement nut that fitted and reassembled the house. 

I told my tale of woe to OH when he got home and he said the chickens had been very rowdy when he let them out this morning, shoving past each other and squabbling.  He reckons Eddie has eaten the nut.  It is the sort of thing he does  ::)

Never mind he says, wait until he next does a poop and if it comes out with a thread on it, you will know for sure   :ohmy:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 19:49 by New shoot »

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: One of those days...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 20:51 »
Yes, such days often start by discovering my first cup of tea also has a spoonful of instant coffee in it!  :wacko:

Eddie's story sounds a bit nuts, but an interesting thread nonetheless.
(I know, I know, coat ready!  :blush:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 20:54 »
Oh dear! Much sympathy for you NS, as I know those days well   ::)

Tomorrow is another one, so hope it's better for you ;)

JG I've had the coffee under the teabag thing as well, how on earth does that happen?  :wacko: :wacko:

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 21:23 »
Tomorrow is another one, so hope it's better for you.

Sounds like a quote from 'Gone With The Wind' (bet Eddie is wishing for just that!)  :lol:

madcat

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 21:44 »
Eddie's story sounds a bit nuts, but an interesting thread nonetheless.
(I know, I know, coat ready!  :blush:)

I hope you are bolting out the door!  Otherwise you have nailed the problem ....  Yup coat time, and I have only just arrived!

OH's face was a picture the time I genuinely made the salt/sugar mistake with his first mug of coffee in the morning ...  Err - two years on I think I am forgiven, but not sure .....
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 21:57 »
Oh dear NS you have my sympathies plus I’m full of empathy for you as I too have those sort of days. Last Friday was one & included chickens too. Although to be fair they weren’t to blame really unless I can blame the girl who keeps sleeping in the nest box.....so it needed cleaning & disinfecting, plus there was a broken egg in the roll away nest box again.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 23:27 »
Know the feeling, went to work tonight with a list of extra jobs I was going to do, only to find out one of my team was off sick (first time in 6 years) and we had to cover tonight. Best laid plans and all...

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 06:14 »
I had one of those last week...

A van had ploughed through the churchyard wall just around the corner, setting off a gas leak; a huge lorry had ended up on its side on a nasty bit of road, (we both saw that), and I was wandering back from the PO, when a lad just fell off his motorbike right in front of me (just his pride was dented)!

I decided that I was going to be blamed for it all, so stayed at home for a whole day...

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 10:47 »
Eddie seems fine so if he did eat the nut it does seem to have gone with the wind with no ill effects  :lol:

I am planning a bit more plot side pruning today, so will take a crash helmet and body armour  ;)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 11:45 »
I have similar days to those.  People say to me I should wear gloves, but I cannot work with them on.   Son-in-Law put milk in my black tea.  Bed time the recorder went wrong, 2 hours later  ie;  1am,  realised I had accidentally deleted all my recordings.  :nowink:   After also having had a huge row with the greenhouse man it was the end of a day.  :mad:     Glad the chicken is alright.     Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

xx
One of those days, d'oh!

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post October 26, 2022, 13:43
by mrs bouquet
xx
Potato days

Started by mjg000 on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post January 30, 2018, 23:23
by compostqueen
xx
What you can get from the Milkman these days !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post July 11, 2019, 18:10
by Growster...
xx
11 Fuses and 5 days later.

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 10, 2023, 19:01
by Lardman

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 50 queries.